V2Belleville
Hey!

I finally installed 5.5 and I am happy with the new features! unfortunatly a crash just occured for the second time as I was pasting a thought icon.

As I am writing I realise this happend as I was using my old capure tool (Snap Express) Maybe they do not like eachother too much, with PB new integrated function for icon capturing...

In any case it is quite unpleasant since it takes to close the 2 or 3 brain I usually have simultaneously opened and violently interrupt the brain that originated the problem (which is frozen) and start them all over again... (NB: the pasted icon is then visible)

Hope you can fix this in the next release!

best

V

PB 6.0.7.9 on Windows 7, J-1.6.0_30
dyslucksia
Hi. Have you tried saving the icon somewhere else on your hard drive, then moving it into one of your Thoughts using Select Icon File? If this doesn't work, perhaps you could explain each step you took in greater detail.

I use SnagIt when I'm not using Capture Thought Icon, and have had no problems, even when using Capture Thought Icon while SnagIt is running in the background.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
V2Belleville
hello dyslucksia,

Quote: Have you tried saving the icon somewhere else on your hard drive, then moving it into one of your Thoughts using Select Icon File?

I really do not want to do that: I want to keep the select thought icon procedure very quick. hopefully, using the new PB feature for capturing icon will stop this freezing problem, although in certain circumstances, using a dedicated tool with more features (zoom on the selected region which allows very precise copying) would be good. and freezing happening, ou do not know when and you do not know why are very annoying...

as for how the freezing happens, there is not much to say: I right click on the though to wich I want to paste the image I just captured, click on "paste thought icon" and biim: Brain frozen. I just tested it a couple of times. it very weird: first time it froze then I restart the brain and try another few times and now it's ok ...

PB 6.0.7.9 on Windows 7, J-1.6.0_30
dyslucksia
Well, I tried it out using Snap Express v4.0 (Ivan Bubloz, French version) and it worked fine for me, no crash, nothing like that.

1) "Select a region" in Snap Express
2) Click twice to capture the image
3) Open Thought/Properties > Paste Thought Icon, et voilà! - there it is.

I like Snap Express, it's very small and fast, and as you say, I can paste straight from capture to PB without having to save it first.. But I couldn't find the home page for v4.0. Is 4.0 freeware? Ivan Bubloz' own home page only mentions v1.0. Which version are you using? If it's 1.0, it might still be a bit buggy.

dpickrell
I am having a slightly different issue on pasting an icon to a thought.  I saved an icon on the clipboard, selectd past icon and now the little spinning circle by the thought does not stop and the icon does not appear.  And the action to delete icon is not available, nor can I paste in a new icon.

dyslucksia
The last time that happened to me was when the image I was trying to save as an icon was an animated gif. PB doesn't like them. The only image formats it likes are .png, .jpg and (non-animated) gifs. Does this help you at all?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software