L1nda
I have an active thought, and a child thought, and I'm linking the child thought to a pre-exiting thought.  I'm doing this while I'm still on the active thought which isn't the thought I'm linking in any way.

When I then go to the child thought (and make it active), I should have the link to the pre-existing thought showing.  It doesn't show up however until I close and reopen the brain.  So the link is being created, it's just not being shown in any way (the little link indicator circle is not changing colour to show a link either).  Once the brain is closed and re-opened, it's all fine.

This occurs if the link I'm creating is a jump, parent or child though.  It does not occur if I'm creating a new thought, only if I'm linking to a pre-existing thought.  I can reproduce this on any thought that the above circumstances apply.
metta
I think this is a recurring bug, Linda.

At least I've run into very similar problems in the past.

In light of this, you might want to go ahead and open a help desk ticket about this now.

This will allow you to upload your output log from inside the desktop application (Help > Open Log Directory) and link to this discussion so TB Support team can take a closer look.
Underdog
I could not reproduce this issue.
https://tinyurl.com/TB10-LinkNotVisible (screenvid)

PS: The title doesn't match the description.

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

metta
FWIW, in my experience this bug only occurred randomly -- and I've not run into it (yet) in TB10.

That's why sharing your output log may be helpful to TB team. It may help them see what's going on with your installation that's unique.
mcaton

An output.log file (found by clicking on Help > Open Log Directory) after replicating this issue would be great. You can send it into support@thebrain.com. Be sure to mention this forum thread so we can tie the two together in our review.

Additionally, would it be possible for you to make a quick video of this issue, such as the one done by Michael (Underdog)? I too am seeing the proper/expected results in my tests. When I click on the child thought, the existing thought that I linked to automatically appears.

Thanks,
Matt 

mcaton
I may have just replicated the issue! Are you by any chance linking to a Thought Type?  Using an Existing Thought Type in the same scenario you have described will not display (as it should) when you navigate to the child thought...

Thanks again - I'll document this for further review.

Matt
L1nda
Hi all.. I will send through an output log and screen video.  I should have mentioned I'm using a Mac.  

Matt, no I wasn't linking to a thought type, just regular thoughts.
mcaton
This issue has been resolve in our latest 10.0.21 build.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software