Antonio68
I need to create a brain where a list of thought is linked by Jump thoughts, as the example below:
1 jump to A
2 jump to B
3 jump to C
and so on for around 20 000 rows

When I open the impor tool I have the following instructions:

Text Outline

Use text files to quickly import data.

• Each line becomes a thought.
  • Indentation created using tabs show hierarchical relationships.
  • Line starting with - (dash) are added as notes.
  • Lines starting with a + (plus) are added as Web link attachments.
  • Labels can be added to a thought by separating them with a | (pipe) on the same line as the name.

with no mention about jumps.
Any idea?
PS: I am in version 9
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

ruudhein
Don't think that is possible. You have no GUID's to jump to on import; that's where the problem starts. Think of it as importing a contact list and you want each name to jump to an address -- but neither you nor the brain knows of the address already. Not possible.

I thought maybe import, then make a list and auto link that but you would have to do it line by line. If you highlight a list of words, TB doesn't associate it with a list of thoughts when you press ctrl L

A workaround -- with the emphasis on work -- could be to generate the GUID's and then construct a valid Brain 8 XML file.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.248.0
Antonio68
Not sure I have understood your concept, but from a naive point of view, we will need a function in the import routine such as an indentation that contain a "-" indicate to the brain to create a jump thought.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Cerebrum
ruudhein wrote: Don't think that is possible. You have no GUID's to jump to on import; that's where the problem starts. Think of it as importing a contact list and you want each name to jump to an address -- but neither you nor the brain knows of the address already. Not possibleThe Import function already does this: First a Parent thought is created and then the Child thought is added and linked to the Parent. Likewise with adding a web link attachment. What's missing is a way of identifying the next item in the text file as a Jump thought and not a Child or a web link. 

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software