mctrexler
I want webbrain users to have the opportunity to download the thought icon images we use in a lot of our Climate Web thoughts (via the capture thought icon command) .  I thought it would be simple - just copy the png file, paste it into the same folder, and voila you have a "copy of" the PNG file that shows up as a downloadable attachment.  

Except that TB8 went nuclear during the syncing process, deleting the original and the copy png files, and refusing to accept reinsertion of the original.  Had to delete all the thoughts and recreate them.  

Anyone have any idea how to safely create downloadable thought icon png files in webbrain? 

Thanks,

Mark
metta
If I understand you correctly, Mark, this should have worked (with "should" being the operative word).

I have hundreds of PNG files attached to my thoughts as files in my v8 megabrain. Just now tested them again, and the image can be opened in a new window and then saved to the user's desktop.

In light of this, I'm wondering: what happened when you recreated the nuked thoughts?
-- Did you attach the PNG files to thoughts as attachments again? (not just as thought icons)
-- If so, could the attached images be synced with TB8 webbrain?
-- If so, could the attached images be opened in a new window?
mctrexler
We simply copied the thought icon png, and immediately pasted the copy right back into the same folder.  The second png seemed to automatically become an attachment.  But upon syncing, 1/2 of the thoughts where we'd done this lost BOTH png's. 
metta
Thanks for the update, Mark.

Is there any chance that uploading/syncing the attached PNGs in much smaller batches might preserve the attachments?

Just wondering if there's any way to get them ALL uploaded since some of them apparently did manage to sync successfully....

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software