Argel
If I'm starting a new brain and have already worked out a long list of tags that I need, is there a way to create the tags independently without having to add them to a thought first?
Brigitte
You are correct, currently you can only create tags from a Thought. I believe creating tags independently has already been documented, but I will check and make sure it's written up.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
rengel
That's falling back behind TheBrain v.8. I guess the same holds for types?
Reinhard, TB 10.0.29.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
Brigitte
I apologize, you can create tags by clicking the "Thought" menu -> Set Tags ->New Tag and use the semi colon when typing the new tag. There are also keyboard shortcuts to expedite that functionality. 

Here is also a tutorial on Keyboard Shortcuts to quickly create and assign Types and Tags: 

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Cerebrum
Brigitte wrote:
I apologize, you can create tags by clicking the "Thought" menu -> Set Tags ->New Tag and use the semi colon when typing the new tag.
This allows you to create and add several Tags to a Thought. Argel asked about "a way to create the tags independently without having to add them to a thought first". This feature is available in TB8 but not in TB9, where "literally everything is new and improved".
Quote:
There are also keyboard shortcuts to expedite that functionality.
Are we supposed to watch the video to find out what those shortcuts are? Ã°Å¸â„¢â€ž
Types: Ctrl-E in Windows, ⌘Y on a Mac.
Tags: Ctrl-G in Windows, ⌘G on a Mac.

Edited: Also, you can define your own shortcuts in Preferences, Keyboard, Navigation, "Activate Tag" and "Activate Type".

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software