Argel
If I'm starting a new brain and have already worked out a long list of tags that I need, is there a way to create the tags independently without having to add them to a thought first?
Brigitte
You are correct, currently you can only create tags from a Thought. I believe creating tags independently has already been documented, but I will check and make sure it's written up.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
rengel
That's falling back behind TheBrain v.8. I guess the same holds for types?
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10
Brigitte
I apologize, you can create tags by clicking the "Thought" menu -> Set Tags ->New Tag and use the semi colon when typing the new tag. There are also keyboard shortcuts to expedite that functionality. 

Here is also a tutorial on Keyboard Shortcuts to quickly create and assign Types and Tags: 

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Cerebrum
Brigitte wrote:
I apologize, you can create tags by clicking the "Thought" menu -> Set Tags ->New Tag and use the semi colon when typing the new tag.
This allows you to create and add several Tags to a Thought. Argel asked about "a way to create the tags independently without having to add them to a thought first". This feature is available in TB8 but not in TB9, where "literally everything is new and improved".
Quote:
There are also keyboard shortcuts to expedite that functionality.
Are we supposed to watch the video to find out what those shortcuts are? Ã°Å¸â„¢â€ž
Types: Ctrl-E in Windows, ⌘Y on a Mac.
Tags: Ctrl-G in Windows, ⌘G on a Mac.

Edited: Also, you can define your own shortcuts in Preferences, Keyboard, Navigation, "Activate Tag" and "Activate Type".

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software