Cerebrum Show full post »
mcaton
Cerebrum,

Do you see a small minus sign in the upper right hand corner of this page (near Post a Reply button).  Click it to unfollow the thread.

Or - you may need to go into your settings (drop down arrow, again in the upper right hand corner) where you can change your auto-follow settings.

Thanks,
Matt
Cerebrum
Thanks. [thumb]
Easy peasy. 
Visnet
I tried 9.0.149 today to see changes to the bouncing cursor. Great results, I could type quite normal again in my notes!
I found one issue that is still there. If I use bullets (checkboxes) and I remove the last checkbox by using backspace, the cursor is positioned halfway the sentence above it. 

Wim

vmilhoan
I did some initial testing this morning to try and recreate the jumping cursor or the deletion of the note text. I was not able to recreate either. Thank you for the fixes!
mcaton
Thank you both for the updates!  That's great news.

Also, Wim - the issue you mentioned is a separate, known issue that we are looking into.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
FYI, I'm using the current version of TB9 (9.0.153.0) on Windows 7, and I'm sorry to report the cursor in my notes is still jumping here.
mcaton
Metta,

Yes, unfortunately, I've replicated now as well.  It seems to be related to a Shift+Enter keystroke... but we're still testing to be sure.

Thanks you,
Matt
metta
Thanks for confirming and sharing this update. Appreciate your troubleshooting efforts.
RLSprouse
For what it's worth, I too experience the bouncing cursor issue all the time on my Mac system. Very irritating.
mcaton
Just to keep everyone in the loop - We've found a few more ways to replicate the bouncing cursor. While it's vastly improved from the original issue, it's still an open item that we're continuing to investigate. If you do happen to find a systematic way of replicating the issue (happens once every 5 minutes, or each time I press Shift, etc.) please do let us know.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Ok, today I ran into this issue for the first time and I can tell you it is annoying af. So I spent the last two to three hours figuring out, what could be the reason for it... Did I mentioned the annoyance? ;-) Ok, after I were able to reproduce the behavior I created a long-ish video as a proof. Here it comes (Skip to 2:46 because the time-links from youtube did not seem to work here)

Short summary: I have the Interface Language and Spelling Dictionary set to "Automatic" where they were by default. After a lot of try & error it seems to me, that the jumping happens, when I am using another langage than my default dictionary-language from Windows. Sorry for the bad typing and the long video (have no cutting tools here), but I am not too good at writing without watching the keyboard etc. etc.
I really hope this helps somewhat, because I invested some time and nerves to find something that is reproduceable every time. In the english part, besides from the "normal" typo-correcting, I didn't touch anything than letters and backspace. The missing spaces are coming from the jumping.

hth,
have a nice weekend,
Frank

PS: TB 9.0.163 Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit (AFAIK the english version with german langauge-pack)
mcaton
Frank,

Thank you for posting.  I've recorded quite a few different ways to replicate the jumping cursor, but this is an new one.  Documenting now.

Matt
mcaton
Frank,

Thank you for posting.  Video was very helpful. I've recorded quite a few different ways to replicate the jumping cursor, but this is an new one.  Documenting now.

Matt
RLSprouse
Here we are in the middle of July, and the Notes Editor still sucks. Please, guys, pay some attention to this critical component!
Harlan
As far as we are aware, all cursor jumping issues have been resolved. If you have a new one to report, please do let us know when it happens and how to replicate it. If you have a different issue, please post it on a new thread. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.