Tomasz
I want to use PB as a database editor and then export the XML to another program for visualization.

Is there a way I can control the XML export? As in how everything is tagged up? I tried placing XML in the notes section of thoughts so that I can access it on export but it does not seem to export as XML.

Any help appreciated!
zenrain
As far as I know, there's not a way to control the tagging of the export file. What you can do is select the thoughts you wish to export and choose File > Export > Brain XML.
A lot of information is exported, not only the thoughts, but the links, attachments, notes, and calendar events.
Most likely you are looking for the information in the <Thought> tag under the <Thoughts> tag. In particular you are looking for the GUID.

The thought notes are stored in the <body> tag within <Entries> tag. To match the notes to the thought, use the GUID information from the <Thought> tag to match the GUID in the <objectID>. You will also have to convert the note text back to text back to .HTML.

If you need the links between the thoughts as well, it gets a bit more complex, I believe you need to match the <Thought> GUID to either <idA> or <idB>, but the links are not only from thought to thought, but also thought to attribute and entry (I think). It also stores links from the exported thoughts to all child, jump and parent thoughts the exported thoughts are connected to, even if they aren't included in the export.

macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.172

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software