gery51
Hello Harlan and team,

In attachment a document where a compilation with feature requests about the database, cms and note-editor.

A brz-file will follow with more details.  

With kind regards,
Gerard Coppejans

Gerard.Coppejans@telenet.be
Harlan
Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your wonderful feedback and ongoing support. We're happy to have you onboard.

Database Backend

In rebuilding TheBrain for version 9 we researched a lot of different database technology. In fact, we use different databases depending on where the application is running. TheBrain now runs in the cloud, desktop, and mobile devices, all of which sync with each other. Which database exactly is used is transparent to the user and we have the ability to change out the database backend should better options become available in the future.

Notes Editor

We have a lot of interesting things planned for the notes editor, which I can't go into right now. As you may imagine, there are a near infinite number of requests in addition to the existing requirements. Unfortunately an off-the-shelf editor simply cannot meet our needs without extensive customization.

Headless CMS

I read both your rtf file and the thread you posted about this a month or so ago and it's not clear to me what exactly you have in mind. You want to be able to feed things into your brain via a Headless CMS or you want your brain to function as a Headless CMS?

On a general note, while open source projects are great and we do take advantage of them where it makes sense, the real cost of integrating software is the engineering and testing of the integration itself, which can easily go into six or figures for fundamental components like the notes editor or database.
Regards,
-Harlan
gery51
Hello Harlan,

Ok, Harlan a general editor is a huge project ! Maybe to resolve with plugins (ckeditor 5), at the choice of the user ?   

Yes, i want to feed text, video, 3d files, photo's.... via a Headless CMS. The CMS database could reside on my personal website.

In the brain, i could make a CMS- Thought and from there on start the headless cms, in this case Gentics Mesh with an OrientDb underlying database:  https://react-etc.net/entry/gentics-mesh-a-capable-open-source-headless-cms-built-on-orientdb

The only problem is syncing the thoughts from thebrain with Gentics pages.This can be done with json but how ? Gentics has an import/export feature and an API.

https://orientdb.com/docs/last/Export-and-Import.html

Thanks for your time,
Gerard
gery51
Hello Harlan,

I have succesfull create an orientDb database on my server.
The following step is to import one brain into this database.
Orientdb offers an ETL (Extract, transform, load) Module to it's soft.  https://orientdb.com/docs/last/Extractor.html
Then i will have to work on the other way to export the database if i made changes to the orientDb Graph
Can i do that ? 
So i could manually synchronize both databases.

Greetings,
Gerard

Harlan
Gerard,

Importing and exporting data to sync an external database with your Brain database is very complicated and far far beyond the scope of what I could explain to you. Sync is extremely complicated...

Import and export without "sync" is also challenging but doable if you have the right skills and persistence. If you export a BRZ (File > Backup to Brain Archive), that is a zip file that contains JSON files with all of your Brain data in them. All of the objects and parameters are named in a straightforward manner if you'd like to experiment with it. This format can be used for both export and import from/to TheBrain.

Regards,
-Harlan
Cerebrum
Harlan wrote:
If you export a BRZ (File > Backup to Brain Archive), that is a zip file that contains JSON files with all of your Brain data in them. All of the objects and parameters are named in a straightforward manner if you'd like to experiment with it. This format can be used for both export and import from/to TheBrain.
I've created a new brain and I'd like to import an existing brain without the history. 

Is there a way of importing the JSON files with a blank modificationslogs file, or without that file?
Thanks.
gery51
Yes Cerebrum that's surely possible to do, but in the brz files, the information is spreaded over many json-files  each for theire specific use.
You'll first analyse which one you have to use.I don't think you can switch-off the history when you start your brain again.

Which do you want to do that ?

Theire is a software that can help you to extract - transform - load Json files here is the url:  https://www.google.be/search?q=etl+tools&oq=ETL&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.4606j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Regards,
Gerard

Cerebrum
Thanks Gerard.
I'm not looking to extract/transform/load JSON files. I just want to get rid of the modification history. 
gery51
Harlan wrote:
Gerard,

Importing and exporting data to sync an external database with your Brain database is very complicated and far far beyond the scope of what I could explain to you. Sync is extremely complicated...

Import and export without "sync" is also challenging but doable if you have the right skills and persistence. If you export a BRZ (File > Backup to Brain Archive), that is a zip file that contains JSON files with all of your Brain data in them. All of the objects and parameters are named in a straightforward manner if you'd like to experiment with it. This format can be used for both export and import from/to TheBrain.

Hello Harlan, sorry for the late responds to your quoted answer.

I doesn't want to sync an own database with all the external devices, i leaves this task to the brain sync module.
I just want to merge (it's a better word) the 2 databases Thebrain and an external orientDB database together on json level.
I just want to know, which id, nodes and theire respectively linked objects and in which json files has to be updated.
This must be done in the 2 directions from TB to Orientdb and from orientDB to TB. (Its a kind of import/export modality).

Why ?
In OrientDB you can request queries (with SQL)  on an more general level, which can be usefull for statistical and other research purposes.
With kind regards,
Gerard

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software