Camille
I am a new user to PersonalBrain, I downloaded 4.0.8 and tried it for a few days. Brain data file crashed once 2 days ago, because I closed the application without closing the "brain" first, and my data were all gone. It took me 2 days to rebuild my crashed "brain" data. Last night, I closed my "brain" accordingly, before shutting PersonalBrain down, I saw a BACK bottom in green colour on top of the left corner on the screen, so I clicked on it wanted to know where it leads me "back" to? The "BACK" bottom did not respond at all, so I just shut down the application. A few minutes later, I wanted to add some data to my "brain", but the application shuts itself down automatically whenever I tried to start it, no matter how many times I restart my computer, remove-reinstall the application, it just not function anymore.

Environment:

Mac OS X 10.4.10
Intel 1.83, 2GB RAM, 37.26GM free disk space available
PersonalBrain version: 4.0.8 (I just tried on 4.1 and it got me the same result: theBrain shuts itself down)

I don't know what to do next, I am on an important project for my career, data of the whole organisation now in a dead brain, can anyone help? Click image for larger version - Name: Picture_4.png, Views: 129, Size: 24.31 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Picture_5.png, Views: 129, Size: 41.45 KB
Harlan
Hi Camille,

Please call our support at 310-751-5000 and someone will help you with your problem.

Regards,
-Harlan
Camille
Sorry, I'd like to, but can't, I'm not in the US. Any alternative way?
Harlan
Hi Camille,

If you can post your output.log file, which is located in the PersonalBrain package, that may tell us what is wrong. Right click on your PB icon, select "Show package contents" then open Resources/App and open the output.log file. You can upload that file here or email it to us.

Alternatively, we can call you or arrange to talk via skype. Send me an email though the message board and let me know what you prefer. We want to get your Brain working for you.
Regards,
-Harlan
Camille
Thank you so much for prompt reply.

Here's the log:

PersonalBrain Free Version 4080

Java 1.5.0_06

Program Location = /Applications/PersonalBrain.app/Contents/Resources/app
Program Settings Location = /Users/snoorz/.PersonalBrain
Operating system: Mac OS X
Look and feel set to: apple.laf.AquaLookAndFeel
Text filters are present.
Start Thought = Phoenix,1
Text filters are disabled.
Text filters are not available or are disabled. Documents will not be converted.
HTML filters are not available or are disabled. Documents will not be converted.
Notes menus initialized

This application was created using:

BrainSDK - The Visual Network Interface
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(C) 1998-2006 TheBrain Technologies LP.
Email: info@thebrain.com
Phone: 310-751-5000
http://www.thebrain.com

animation set to delay of 20
animation set to delay of 20
Setting default Plex font to system font LucidaGrande
Unable to retrieve environment variable APPDATA (OS Limitation)
Could not locate mozilla folder
Time to initialized main window: 2078

I hardly turn my Skype on but if it's necessary, I'll check if my mic is still alive Please kindly tell me where to leave my Skype account instead of publishing it here. Thank you!

Edit: I've just PM my Skype account to you, my mic works, thank you!
Harlan
Camille, unfortunately there is no useful information in your log file. PersonalBrain saves information automatically as you work, so does not have to be "shut down" - even if your computer were to lose power, everything should remain intact when you re-open it. So, there's something strange going on... I've sent a message to you on Skype and will follow up with you there or have someone from our support group contact you.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software