steved
I am concerned about avoiding bots that collect email addresses from web sites for spamers.

Is there a way to delete the mail link at the bottom of web pages or is this something I should not be worried about?
Moe
Hi Steved, Thanks for the post. What you can do is to create a web page for each Thought in your Brain which contains notes. Next load those pages onto your server then attach pages to their corresponding Thoughts in your Brain then export your Brain picking the option "Open sole URL attachments automatically".  By doing this PB should automatically launch the URL for the  Thought which contains notes in the lower frame of your SiteBrain not showing your email.  You may also want to watch this video which goes over SiteBrain publishing.

Best regards,
Moe

steved
Thanks Moe, that is helpful. but is not what I was trying to ask. I apologize for not being clear.

At the bottom of each web page generated by the Brain, appears my name. Clicking on it launches the viewer's email client and a new, pre-addressed email message to me.

My concern is that this will expose me to emal address collecting bots. I would like to disable this feature and instead create a separate page with a form that the user fills out. After I create this page I will post it and then link to it via the Brain.

Steve
Mandox
Email as well as the Brain logo and link are more or less hardcoded in the exported sitebrain. Following Moes hint will replace the whole page with a html page that you define, including any logos or mail links. So it is somehow what you are looking for. Instead of typing your contents in the notes section you will need to create an extra html page for each of your nodes and attach this to your node
As a quick fix, you can go to Options - Preferences - General and remove your email address (or replace it with an address you only use for this purpose).
You can get instructions on how to remove the logo from the support team (see here), maybe they will also help you remove the mail address (if so, please post here how to).

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software