BHurd
Ok, one more for tonight. When I delete a thought (shift, r-click, delete) the thought sometimes doesn't disappear immidiately from the plex. It does not immediately dissappear from the past thought list either. When I click on the thought in the past thought list ist dissappears then. Seems like a display bug.

It is a consistant occurance in the past thought list but not so in the plex.

Harlan

Yes, this is a known issue for the past thought list. For the plex, the thought should be disappearing immediately.

Regards,
-Harlan
BHurd
Your are right, it seems that it disappears everytime. But I was sure it didn't for me once or twice. Can't get it to repeat so it was either a clitch or I was watching something else. And the new release appears to have it fixed.
Harlan

Yup, 4.0.3.0 fixes the past thought list issue also.

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus

Hi

Just tried it and noticed that in expanded view, thoughts that are deleted to not disappear immediately - after the delete command some slight reorgansation and refloating occurs as links discoonect. However, the thought only disappears after the view is changed to standard.

In standard view the thought is immediately removed correctly so looks like an issue with expanded view.

cheers

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Shiiko

Spacenexus wrote:
in expanded view, thoughts that are deleted to not disappear immediately

Just noticed that in expanded view, (right-click) deleted thoughts reappear after hitting the (+).  That is if you stay on the same central thought. It can happen to any lower thought.   Once you move from the central thought then the deleted thoughts are gone.   (hope this makes sense)
Harlan
This seems to happen only on thoughts that are linked two clicks or more away from the active thought. We will fix this shortly. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
Still seeing this problem: delete doesn't.

Cheers!
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
Harlan
Tim, I couldn't replicate this issue... Can you describe what steps you are taking to make it happen? Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
Well, it was when I was setting up that screen shot yesterday. I created a redundant thought,in extended view, that was three links away from the active thought. I would delete (shift-right click --> delete) the thought. It would disappear. If I then went to the thought that the deleted thought had been linked to and clicked its(+), the "deleted" thought would re-appear.

I have just reproduced the bug now.
tcahill
Although the thought re-appears, it is more of a ghost thought than a real one. Although I can see it, it does not appear as an entry when I do a quick search for it. Nor does it remain if I close and re-open the file.

Ahah! Here is the key thing. I said it was a redundant thought. This means a new thought with the same name as an existing thought. Specifically, I created the new thought "Location" linked to the existing thought "Tokanoma". "Tokanoma" already had a linked to the pre-existing "Location". This original thought "Location" had a second link back from the active thought to the thought "Tokanoma" If I click on the phantom thought "Location", it quickly jumped around and merges into the original "Location" thought. It seems the plex is confused by the continued existence of a link to a thought named the same as one it had just deleted. ? ?
Harlan
OK. We'll investigate this further. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software