dcb_oz
Whatever deletion markers are, they cause a slow import. I'm importing into the .150 release on Windows. 800 thoughts, 28,000+ deletion markers. Currently in hour 3 of the import.

This brain has certainly had many, many deletions as I've played around with it. If the deletion markers are related to that, why keep something where the thoughts have been deleted? Not forgotten, deleted.

I'm going to try copying all thoughts to a new brain to see if the clears it up.

CPU use below 1%, disk below 0.1MB/s. A lot of nothing happening very slowly.
mcaton
David,

Thanks for posting. I take it you are importing either a v8 .brain or .brainzip - correct?  What size is the old Brain?  Would you be willing to share a .brainzip with us for internal testing?

Thank you,
Matt
dcb_oz
No. This is an export from v9 back into v9. From mac to Windows. Will try it again. Happy to share if you can tell me where you want it sent.
dcb_oz
Ran this again this morning. 9am to 11:30 to import a brain with 685 thoughts, 5 forgotten, 913 links and 371 internal files (632mb)
mcaton
David,

Great! Thanks for the offer to share for in house testing. You can upload a file to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain . Please reference this forum post (8416360) and let us know when the file upload is complete.  

Thanks again!
Matt
dcb_oz
File has been uploaded. "Delphi 2017-02-20.brz"
mcaton

David,

Brain received.  Thanks again for sharing and we'll take a closer look at why the Deletion Markers are causing the long import. (Currently 30 minutes into my test! )

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software