rengel
Why?
It would be easy to select a contrast-rich visible scrollbar color depending on the color of the plex. (Yes, I know, I could choose another another theme.)
Why is the bottom toolbar not right at the bottom?
And why don't the scrollbars don't have buttons for incremental (instead of page-wise) movement? Or to put it another way: Why don't they have they the functionality of 'normal' scrollbars?

misplaced_and_invisible_scrollbar.png
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
metta
@rengel ~ Scroll bar color (both outline and fill) can be changed to suit your preference in the theme settings.

+1 for "normal" (standard) scroll bar functions throughout TheBrain interface.
rengel
@metta
Thanks! I looked at 'Brain Theme'. I'm so tired of these half-cooked, half-tested attempts. For years, I've been working with some really great IDEs (i.e. PyCharm or WebStorm by JetBrains. These guys really understand what usability is all about and listen to what users say.). With TheBrain, it always has been my impression, that they lack the will and/or the capabilities to get it really right. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many gui bloopers.

Without a decent preview functionality it is way too cumbersome to change the color and/or the options. Just try to change the wallpaper and then to revert to your original setting if the new one doesn't suit you - a nightmare, because the dialog doesn't remember the original setting and has no 'Revert' or 'Cancel' option (just closing the window doesn't help either).

BTW: 'Brain Theme' belonges to settings or preferences. So it should be (also) included in 'Preferences'.
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
metta
+1 -- Would be great to have the preview and restore (revert) functions you described!

FWIW, I also found the theme customization settings to be rather confusing (at least initially) because it wasn't intuitively obvious to me where/how my theme edits were being tracked.

Also, TB8 theme settings were originally included under Preferences. Not sure why they were moved on the new platform, unless perhaps to provide easier access to them in TB UI? (Just a guess....Don't know if there were technical reasons for separating theme settings from all the other Preference settings.)
zenrain
Changes to themes are reflected in the Plex as you make the changes.
Also, generally I save the theme prior to starting any work. That way I can easily revert to the original state if I don't like it.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software