JosefBetancourt
Currently, PB4 4081, the dialogs, ex. Link Properties, are single action:  you have to click the close button.  Unless there is some option that changes this that I'm not aware of.

Suggestion

Add buttons:  Ok and Cancel, for example.

Ok: accepts any changes and closes dialog.
Cancel:  closes without changing any properties.

Why?
Standard usage.

--- Josef

mbaas
Harlan had some arguments why it should be the way it is when I discussed that, but I must admit, I still feel the same way about it.
After all, OK & Cancel wouldn't require the dialogs to be model, so I can't fully understand his reasoning there. Maybe some additional votes will help him change his view
JosefBetancourt
Reminds me of the Windows registry editor.  Any change you make, is a change!  Very counter-intuitive.

mbaas
The thing I find most counter-intuitive is just that the standard hotkeys aren't there - and I work more effective when I don't have to try and rememeber which keystroke closes which window but when I can rely on standards. I guess that's why standards are so popular

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software