dhaney
I've noticed in recent Brain 9 updates that things behave differently on my external monitor (HP 22VC with VGA connection and extended display) than on my main monitor. I usually keep TB open on my external monitor.  

On the external monitor, when I open a thought properties box to edit a thought name or select a type or tag, the thought properties box opens to the upper right, and any single left click within the  box just closes it. On my main monitor (Surface Pro 4), the thought properties box opens right over the thought and I can click to select tag, type, as usual. I'm using Windows 10.
Harlan
It should ways open the properties over top of the thought...

Please post a screenshot of your monitor layout (Control Panel > System > Display) as well as the resolutions and scale % you have each monitor set to.
Regards,
-Harlan
dhaney
Monitor layout:
Capture.PNG 
Scale and resolution (all are recommended settings)

Monitor 1: scale= 200%
Resolution = 2736 X 1824

Monitor 2: scale = 100%
resolution = 1920 X 1080

Displays are extended. No problem when duplicated. Below is what happens on the second monitor. Any left click within the thought properties box closes it. This is actually a different external monitor from the one in my original post (an HP K5A38A connected via HDMI through a Surface Pro dock), but the behavior is the same.
Capture2.PNG 
mcaton
Thank you David,

We've documented this issue and will be taking a closer look.

Matt
Mudhenn
I use TB always on my second monitor (expanded view), at work via VGA next to one with hdmi and at home even on an USB-Monitor from ASUS (MB186B+) attached to my Laptop, and for me the context-menu-positioning issues where fixed some iterations ago, so if I can help with logfiles or settings, let me know.
dhaney
Thanks--several second-monitor issues were fixed for me too in previous iterations, but these recently appeared. Keyboard commands work but a left-click on mouse or trackpad just closes the box. 
dhaney
Mudhenn wrote: I use TB always on my second monitor (expanded view), at work via VGA next to one with hdmi and at home even on an USB-Monitor from ASUS (MB186B+) attached to my Laptop, and for me the context-menu-positioning issues where fixed some iterations ago, so if I can help with logfiles or settings, let me know.
The problem persists whenever I have TB9 on the monitor not designated as primary in an extended setup, no matter what kind of secondary monitor or connection I'm using, so it seems to be an issue with the how primary and secondary monitors are designated in Windows 10/Surface Pro 4, rather than a problem with the monitors or connections.
mcaton
David,

Thanks for the update and additional information. I can confirm that we are still looking into this issue.

Thank you,
Matt
Harlan
Please test functionality of the Thought Properties and other popup windows (such as search, types & tags toolbar buttons, recent changes) with secondary screens on Windows using 9.0.204. We believe that these issues have been addressed.

Thanks to David for taking the time to post the problematic screen configuration details.
Regards,
-Harlan
dhaney
For me everything is working fine now, though it wasn't at first. When I first opened 9.0.204, the notes pane was still behaving oddly (notes were much smaller, the right-hand slider was in the middle of the pane, and the cursor did not move properly on a left click). The I opened an attached (internal) Word doc, and it showed up in tiny font, and fonts in other programs (Windows explorer, desktop) were suddenly different. Then the Brain crashed (I sent in the error report), I restarted the computer, reopened the Brain and all is now working properly.
Windows 10
Surface Pro 4
Harlan
Ok. Thanks for the update. Sounds like an issue with Windows scaling. It likes to be rebooted after changes are made even though it pretends it can do without. 
Regards,
-Harlan
dhaney
Only one small issue remains on the second monitor issue. If I open a Brain on my primary monitor, and then drag it to to the second monitor, the text of Notes is so tiny as to be unreadable and the cursor doesn't track correctly in the Notes area. If I then close that Brain on the second monitor and reopen it, all is fine. This behavior is consistent.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software