ChrisCase
It continues to be the case, even in the latest version,  that the only way to be sure that code entered into Notes will not disappear as soon as one navigates away from it is to enter something in the Design view,  such as a period, before switching to the HTML view and inserting the code.

This applies to scripts of all sorts, such as <script language="javascript" src="http://www.rss-info.com/rss2.php?integration=js&windowopen=1&rss=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geishablog.com%2Ffeed%2F&number=100&width=900&ifbgcol=FFFFFF&bordercol=D0D0D0&textbgcol=F0F0F0&rssbgcol=F0F0F0&showrsstitle=1&showtext=1"> </script>

Finn

I had this same thing happen today to me...  I wanted to always use html view, but I saw that things i entered disappeared.  Thanks for the TIP !

PersonalBrain User since 2002
nw
I had the same thing happen to me today. I was using PB to create content to post at a website I have started to help out at. It seemed the perfect tool for the job as I have other related information in PB and planned to keep everything together in PB.

I wondered by my note text dissappeared. Reading this I realise it was because I was using HTML view.

The first time I've used HTML view!

Hope this gets fixed soon as I'm not sure I will always remember to switch back to design view.

Nigel
Harlan
PB will treat a note as empty if it only contains formatting code but no content. It considers text to be content. If there is no text, it looks for IMG, OBJECT, or EMBED tags. Based on the above post, I have added SCRIPT tags to this list. If you have any other tags you would like added, please let us know.
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
Harlan, you say you have added SCRIPT to the list.  What list?---changes to be made?  V 4.1.1.0  does not accept scripts without text.
zenrain
I believe Harlan's reference was to the list within the PB software that specifies which html tags are not removed. Since the example given was <script language = "Javascript"></script>, they added this to be one of the tags that is not stripped.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
The list of objects not to be deleted even if there is no text content in a note... In 4111, it is now: img, object, embed, and script.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software