punkmonksf
I've noticed that the distant thoughts in the plex seem muddy and hard to read. It may just be my terrible eyesight. But perhaps a more pronounced contrast? I think the font size is more indicative of distance than the color, so perhaps it is enough to have distant thoughts in a smaller font rather than a grayscale color.

Additionally, I've turned on font smoothing for fonts smaller than 4pt... which is mostly academic since I couldn't see them anyway (wink), but in order to see distant thoughts clearly I really have to increase the current thoughts to a point size so large as to border on silly.

BUG: There also seems to be some layout issues where multiple thoughts in distant mode seem to clump together, one on top of another. I only noticed this because one thought I have colored the background on appears behind another in this view.

I've experimented with multiple themes and the only one that comes close to being semi-readable is the white theme.

Turning off text shadows helps immensely. But I think perhaps to solution is to allow for customization of the color of distant thoughts to make them brighter for those who need such contrast to make it readable. Maybe only, at the very least, for us 40- somethings.

Cheers,
Karekin

punkmonksf
a snapshot of the rendering issue...
Karekin

Harlan
Try turning off "Fade distant Thoughts" in preferences. In the future, we'll have more configuration options for distant thoughts also.
Regards,
-Harlan
BHurd
Perhaps I should say it elsewhere but I want to give my appreciation for the distant thoughts. I always had it turned on in pb3 and now I can click it on whenever. Glad to see it back. And good job at it.

I agree some options and clean up may be in order, but I always just used the distant thoughts to help me see where I wanted to go. I didn't ususally have to read the thought (sometimes the distant thoughts were small in pb3) just seeing that there was a thought a generation down told me what I needed to know.

thanks gang.
Harlan
Thanks for the positive note. We are doing our best to implement everyone's requests while tracking on our own internal goals and plans for the future.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software