I tried the Brain 9 iOS app for the first time today to add a few thoughts while I was away from my computer. Modulo sign-in & UI issues with the app that all seemed to go fine.
When I got back to my desktop I was a little surprised that the new thoughts didn't appear. When I checked it I realised that sync was not enabled.
Now, it definitely had been enabled. I would say at least as recently as last week and there is absolutely no way I would deliberately disable it. This suggests to me that it has become disabled somehow during an upgrade or recovery from an error.
I'm obviously a little disturbed that this can happen and that it can be so difficult to notice. I might have gone on ignorant that my changes were not being uploaded for quite a while if I hadn't used the iOS app.
Experts at creating value by sharpening purpose, stimulating thinking, sharing insight, and finding hidden opportunities for you