GerSch
As I understand I only can export up to 20 level downstairs. How can I see where I have possibly more than 20 level in my Brain?
pthompson
GerSch,

Can you explain the scenario you are working with and what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to copy all Thoughts in the Brain or just make sure you get every child Thought of a specific parent?
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
GerSch
...or just make sure you get every child Thought of a specific parent? [smile]
pthompson
There is no way to go beyond 20 levels in from one run. In most situations this is far enough. In situations where you may question if you need to go further, you can simply navigate down a few levels manually then run the crawl again using the max setting, continuing to do this until no additional Child Thoughts are added to the selection.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
GerSch
Patrick, I understand, but it is difficult to see where in my Brain I have more then 20 levels...
metta
This is definitely an issue for those of us using megabrains. Would love to see this 20 layer limit removed entirely in V9.

Any chance of this happening any time soon?

If so, do I need to submit this as a feature request in the V9 discussion area?
mctrexler
20 levels?  Really?  Wow.  Psychologically I think I'd feel as if descending into a deep hole, never to see daytime again.  I've never checked, but in our Megabrain I suspect we don't go more than 10.  At some point I should take a look at your "deeper" Brain Metta.

Mark
metta
Except for a bunch of orphan thoughts that were inadvertently created when I rebuilt my megabrain database last year, I have NO intentional islands anywhere in my megabrain. This, of course, means that EVERYTHING is connected to my home thought one way or another.  As a result, I have no way of knowing just how deep the levels go in my megabrain.

In the end, it might not actually be more than 20 levels, but I would never know without actually checking (counting) every time this question arises.
pthompson
Interesting discussion here. I will document this for discussion in changes to TheBrain 9.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
metta
Thanks again, Patrick.

I genuinely appreciate your responsiveness and support for considering user requests.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software