bot__bot
I came to TB from Scapple, VUE etc, where I was using those tools mostly for thinking/composition purposes rather than either storage/organization or diagramming. They work very well for my purposes except that (i) they do not scale because they are essentially diagram-drawing tools and (ii) I frequently need to select a node and focus only all the nodes connected to it, and neither tool handles that as smoothly as TB.

I'm sometimes tempted to utilize the parent/child relationships, but in the end almost always revert back to "jump thought only". It's one less decision to make, freeing you to focus on the content.

I sometimes wish the design of TB were more friendly to this particular type of jump-thought only use. If only there were a Mind Map view counterpart for jump thoughts! (Would it be technically more difficult to implement?) There's often large empty area in my plex to the right/bottom of the active thought. Also it would be nice to be able to have something like TB8's expanded view where you can see a lot more nodes at once (esp. if it has a nice auto arrange feature like that in yED).

(sometimes i also wish there's the possibility to create link between **links** and thoughts --- for example, i might have thoughts A and B, a link between them that says "seems to be equivalent", and then a some other thought C (the name of C could be: 'one supporting consideration is that ...') pointing to that **link**)) 

Having said that, those are merely "would be nice to have" things. For my use case TB9 is more than adequate. I certainly haven't found anything better.
metta
@bot_bot ~

Are you saying that almost all of your thoughts are connected laterally?
bot__bot
metta wrote:
@bot_bot ~

Are you saying that almost all of your thoughts are connected laterally?

Hi metta,

Yes - pretty much all connections are lateral and the relationships symmetric. It took me a while to get used to it, but I've grown to love the fact that it eliminates a decision point.
metta
@bot_bot ~

That's so intriguing! I'd love to learn more. ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š

However, I also don't want to distract from your original feature request/suggestion, so I've posted my questions for you here (in another thread), in case you'd like to follow-up and share more about how you are using your "jump thought brain".
ruudhein
Would you be able to share a demo or a screenshot?
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.1.12.0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software