dcb_oz
Having installed 8.0.2.2 on Sierra 10.12.1 (coming back to the app after a time away), I can't get any drag and drop to work.

When attempting to drag attachments or URLs into The Brain I don't get a drop target. Nothing highlights and when I release the mouse, nothing is dropped. Have tried dropping onto a thought, a blank area in the plex and the attachments tab.

Java is 1.7..0_80 64 bit.
danlandrum
Any chance you were trying to drag in a folder? That is now accomplished via the import dialogue.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
dcb_oz
danlandrum wrote: Any chance you were trying to drag in a folder? That is now accomplished via the import dialogue.

No. Individual file.
dcb_oz
The video in the link is exactly what's NOT happening on my system. Java all up to date.

May 27, 2015        
pthompson
dab_oz,

I've double checked TheBrain 8 on my Sierra machine and cannot replicate any of the issues you are mentioning. Have you tried a different Brain? A different browser? Other files? Do you have any third party apps running that may be interfering with this? 

Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.

dcb_oz
Thanks Patrick. It's now all working fine. The only thing I can think of is that I removed Avast Anti-virus from my system. I did so because at one point I noticed it went high CPU and slowed the brain's activities to a crawl. Today, everything is as I was originally expecting it to be.
dcb_oz
Spoke too soon. Failing again. Multiple brains. First attempt after restarting works. Second fails more often than not.
BeppeN
Same problem  here on v.8.0.2.2 and Sierra 10.12.1
Multiple brains & browsers. First attempt after restarting works. Second fails more often than not.

deakus
No problems on my Sierra 10.12.1 , Java is 1.7.0_80 64 bit ( according to Brain splash screen) , Brain 8.0.2.2 , installed.

I Can drag and drop from finder and safari, including folders (short cut thoughts)
Brain User since 2.0
mcaton
Updating to the latest Java is never a bad idea.  1.8 is available now.  We've tested on our end again and can't replicate any issues in house yet.  Typically, the only time drag and drop doesn't work is when you are running as an Admin on a Windows machine.  This shouldn't be a factor for you since you're on macOS and the first drag and drop after restart seems to work fine.  Can you send us a copy of your Output.log file?  Restart TheBrain, drag and drop successfully and keep dragging and dropping until it breaks - then grab the output.log file.  We'll see if we can tell what went wrong from there.

To find your Output.log file: 

Navigate to TheBrain in the Applications Directory and select SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS in the Finder window, you can find the output.log file in the Contents > Resources > App folder.

Thanks,
Matt

BeppeN

The problem is not related to theBrain but to MacOS Sierra !
I have the same problems with many other programs , the first drag to the target app it's ok the second one don't pop up the target app.

danlandrum
@BeppeN. Exactly. Have looked at Dropbar 3. It is available in the Apple App Store, and is a great companion to Thebrain.

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
BeppeN
Problems solved upgrading to MacOs Version 10.12.2 !!
obrugman
This is a problem I had before. has to do with Java and with security settings of Mac OS, that blocks web sync of brains and also causes this inability to drag and drop. I had endless conversation with TheBrain - and they were really nice and endlessly patient - and in the end it was fixed. But the procedure is so complicated that I cannot exactly remember let alone recreate it.
I do feel that TheBrain lets Mac OS users down: when downloading the app for Mac, the user should be guided to installation issues, but I didn't see it, nor can't find it. Users should have more guidance here to solve these issues themselves.

I have just installed TheBrain on a new virgin apple laptop: same issues: no sync, no proper unzipping of brain zips, no drag and drop. `I hope TB will respond to my support requests soon.

Pro user with perpetual license.
mcaton
Olaf,

Did you ever check to make sure you had the latest Java on the new machine?  Luckily, we're moving away from Java in the new version 9. Please take a look at http://www.thebrain.com/TheBrain 9.  I suggest you try installing on the new machine and see how it goes!

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software