CaptainJustice
Unable to drag an Outlook 2016 contact to a person in TB.
Unable to drag an attachment from a TB thought to Outlook 2016.
--
The Cap'n
zenrain
Apparently this is a known issue, see this thread.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
CaptainJustice
zenrain wrote: Apparently this is a known issue, see this thread.

It is known but that other thread goes into other stuff and I thought the issue needed its own spot  :-)
--
The Cap'n
pthompson
Yes, this is a known issue. We do not have any ETA on a fix. We are strongly trying to push TB9 to get something special out very soon (shhh, [wink]), so we may not see a fix for this any time soon unfortunately.
mikesingleton
I drag outlook attachments to desktop then drag them from desktop to brain... not perfect but works.
CaptainJustice
Yep, but in time and loss of efficiency it's a lot more than just one step.
--
The Cap'n
CaptainJustice
Bump.

Maybe now this can start floating up to the top.  There is NO drag and drop between TB and Outlook 2016:  Email to Brain, Contact to Brain, Brain back to draft email.  Really hurts productivity.

Thanks to the TB bunch for considering the priority of this -- which I know they will do.
--
The Cap'n
bmac
Make sure redemption.dll is in outlook 2016 add-ins.  There are many threads on TheBrain forums about this.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
CaptainJustice
bmac wrote: Make sure redemption.dll is in outlook 2016 add-ins.  There are many threads on TheBrain forums about this.

It's there. This is  a known issue with OTL 2016. The TB folks acknowledge it. I was just trying to bump the topic in the midst of their push to get version 9 out.
--
The Cap'n
bmac
but I use Outlook 2016 -- and very extensively with the brain -- and have no issue with dragging and dropping.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
CaptainJustice
bmac wrote: but I use Outlook 2016 -- and very extensively with the brain -- and have no issue with dragging and dropping.

to clarify, can u drag an outlook contact to a thought?
--
The Cap'n
bmac
YES
Bill

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software