richramos


Hey guys,


First shot at using the 5.5 beta today.


At first I didn't think that drag and drop of Apple Mail emails was working at all for me, then I realized that it was working SOME of the time, but all the time it was taking a VERY LONG time to run.  I had to look at the log file to figure out that what was happening was actually that your are running an "mdfind" process in the background for the mail file.  


I picked two emails in my Inbox. The first one never worked.  The second one actually worked but took over a minute to actually show up.  In either case, there's no way to know what's going on.  The drag & drop looks like it just snaps back without anything happening.


The output from the log file is below.


==== 1st email =====

File dropped!!!

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.i[mimetype=application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref;representationclass=java.net.URL]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.f[mimetype=application/fgd;representationclass=java.io.InputStream]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.a[mimetype=application/url;representationclass=java.io.InputStream]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.k[mimetype=text/rtf;representationclass=java.io.InputStream]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.e[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=ascii]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.g[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=unicode]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.b[mimetype=text/html;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=unicode]


684893

------applescript used (ms) : 316

------query is: mdfind -onlyin ~/Library/Mail kMDItemFSName==684893.emlx

-------tmp mdfind file: /var/folders/gQ/gQa5heIDEp0XWwKvQgygRU+++TM/-Tmp-/mdfText


------applescript and query used (ms) : 95157

----------get the message file : null



===== 2nd email =====

File dropped!!!

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.i[mimetype=application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref;representationclass=java.net.URL]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.f[mimetype=application/fgd;representationclass=java.io.InputStream]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.a[mimetype=application/url;representationclass=java.io.InputStream]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.k[mimetype=text/rtf;representationclass=java.io.InputStream]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.e[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=ascii]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.g[mimetype=text/plain;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=unicode]

++++Flavor not supported, flavor=com.thebrain.bfc.f.d.a.b[mimetype=text/html;representationclass=java.io.InputStream;charset=unicode]


684631

------applescript used (ms) : 369

------query is: mdfind -onlyin ~/Library/Mail kMDItemFSName==684631.emlx

-------tmp mdfind file: /var/folders/gQ/gQa5heIDEp0XWwKvQgygRU+++TM/-Tmp-/mdfText


------applescript and query used (ms) : 114448

----------get the message file : /Users/ramos/Library/Mail/IMAP----deleted----@imap.gmail.com/INBOX.imapmbox/Messages/684631.emlx

        isMessage: /Users/ramos/Library/Mail/IMAP----deteled----@imap.gmail.com/INBOX.imapmbox/Messages/684631.emlx




Quote
richramos

FYI... This is still on-going with TheBrain support.  They asked me to re-try with 5.5.1.5 to see if I was still having the problem.

Here was my response....

The most reproducible problem is that after the drop of the email it takes about 2-4 *MINUTES* before the email actually shows up in the plex.  So it SEEMS like it's not working, because there's no way to tell what's going on during that entire time
(not that taking 4 minutes to actually get put into the plex is really "working" by most people's definition of working)

An ADDITIONAL problem that I just noticed is that the email gets attached to whatever thought is CURRENTLY active, not the one that I had originally tried to attach to some minutes prior.  In other words, since it takes about 2-4 minutes to actually get attached to the plex, there's a high probability that I've moved on to another thought after the drag and drop and thus the emails gets attached in the wrong place.

So two issues:
1) Takes a LONG TIME before the email actually gets attached.
2) Attaching to the incorrect thought.

log file attached for 5.5.1.5

-Rich


Quote
danlandrum
Rich and Support Team,

I can confirm Rich's finding.  It took about a minute for an email to show up when dragged from Apple Mail into the plex.  It is 100% repeatable.

Dan


OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Quote
MacAngel
I can confirm this. I am having the same problem. Very slow......
I look forward to helping you make your Daylite shine.

Shine On,
Marnï "The MacAngel" Melrose, B.Msc
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
Master Certified DayLite Partner
http://www.macangel.com
1.800.555.9960
Meet with me http://tungle.me/macangel
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/macangel
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
Quote

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software