pshanks
One feature I would like to see is when you drag/drop a URL from a web page onto the brain the thought name would become the URL (http://www.domain.com)

Then the thought label would be extracted from the web title of the page. Currently the web title <title>some really long marketing, SEO stuff</title> becomes the thought name. 

An option for the user to select this as a perference would be great idea too.

I find most of the titles for web pages are so long as they are now used for SEO, marketing, etc!

I always seem to be replacing the dragged thought with the domain URL anyways.

Any thoughts on that thought :-)

Thanks,
- Pat
pshanks
PB 4.0.4.9

One of the changes for 4.0.4.9 under Changes and Fixes
was -"Better names are created based on URLs"

Can you please define what should be happening for this?

Thanks,
-- Pat

Harlan

The details are not worth explaining, this was a small change. If the title of the page is not what you want, you can always rename it - PB does not have any better information about what to call the page.

Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks

Hi Harlan,

I'll explain with a diagram.

You are already extracting the page title.

And what we actually drag & drop is the URL from explorer.

Thanks,
-- Pat

Click image for larger version - Name: pb4_drag_drop.jpg, Views: 190, Size: 115.97 KB
Harlan

This is a cool way to do it. Thanks for explaining. I like it. We'll add it to the request list.

Regards,
-Harlan
icarus
Congratulation 'Online!'

This is
a) a great idea
b) well presented / illustrated with your graphic.

I really like this behaviour very much.

I support this request 100% (or more )

A great idea of having the URL as the thought name and the site title as the label, which is shown when you are hovering over it with the mouse:  Wow . I am impressed. Just what I want.

I also support your proposal to have this behaviour as an option to be switched on or off in the Preferences (Settings).
So one can decide self which behaviour he likes more.

Harlan:
Is it possible to include this behaviour in one of  the next releases? (Before Gold or even before public beta?)     That would be great!

rgloor / aka icarus
ChrisCase
It would also be great if whatever the Label is were displayed on mouseover in the Sitebrain export also.  Possible?

I earlier suggested that at least part of the text of notes be displayed on mouseover,  but if both notes and URLs could be displayed in the main panel, this would not be necessary.

pshanks
This did seem to make into this release...Is it still on the list?'

Thanks,
-- Pat
ChrisCase
I'm wondering whether the suggestion I made before about having the thought Label appear on mouseover in the sitebrain is something easy to do...
Harlan
Yes, we still have all of these suggestions on the request list.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software