tphiau
Hi,
The tutorial video on thebrain website demonstrates dragging from a thought to a webpage and that becomes a child thought.
I can't get that to work. And the pdf manual leads me to think it doesn't work as per the video.
Can anyone help me with how it is supposed to function?
 thanks,
 Tony

zenrain
They need to update the tutorial. That functionality was available in 3.x and prior, but not in 4.x.
You have to drag the URL to the plex, or an existing thought.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
tphiau
And that adds it as an attachment? But not a child as per the tutorial?
Seems like a retrograde step in functionality. The only way this works for me is by adding the URL to a list. I assume this is what 4.X does?

The tutored is not the only thing that needs changing. The promo Vid and PersonalBrain 101 also show this functionality.
 Tony

SamCox
Hello Tony,

Dragging a website onto the plex background does, in fact, create a new child of the currently active thought. Make sure you aren't dropping the website in the vicinity an existing thought in which case it will become an attachment rather than a new thought.

-- Sam

tphiau
Thanks Sam,
I had just arrived at that conclusion. Couldn't work out what to do, and my son suggested dragging the Firefox tab.
That works, and also the icon in the address bar.
happy now...
If only I could get the TIP to work on my slate PC!
Cheers,
Tony

Harlan
Hello,

We will be putting up new tutorials within the next week or so. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software