finestour

Am I correct that Dragon Naturally Speaking does not work on PersonsalBrain to input Thought names and Notes content?

Does anyone know the potential of producing a third party application which would integrate the two??  

Seems like it shouldn't be too hard , yet it does not exist.

What stands in the way of making it happen (technically, legally, etc) ? 

Worst case, I guess, is to produce a text file with Dragon and then import that.  

Is anyone doing anything like this??

Thank you !

Tracy
Hi Finestour,
Thanks for posting. Yes, that is correct that you can not use Dragon Naturally Speaking to input Thoughts into TheBrain. I recommend submitting this feature at our User Voice Website. Check out thebrain.uservoice.com  Tracy
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
yuryg
As a follow up. Currently 2015 on the Mac version you are able to use Apple Dictate, and Dragon Naturally Speaking / Dragon Dictate with the brain
bmac
I can confirm that Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 13 professional does work within TheBrain on a Windows 8.1 update 1 system. Version 13 is somewhat more particular than version 12.51 in that some of the voice capabilities (correct that, bold that, etc.) will not work within TheBrain.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
pthompson
Thanks for sharing. [wink]
Jacqui
bmac wrote: I can confirm that Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 13 professional does work within TheBrain on a Windows 8.1 update 1 system. Version 13 is somewhat more particular than version 12.51 in that some of the voice capabilities (correct that, bold that, etc.) will not work within TheBrain.

Thanks Bill. I'm fairly new to Dragon and even newer to TheBrain...can you share how you are using Dragon commands. Are you utilizing the menus to perform functions?

Thanks
Jacqui
bmac

Jacqui,

I have been using Dragon NaturallySpeaking since 1996 when I believe it was version 1. I mainly use it to dictate emails, Word documents, and even within Excel spreadsheets. DNS has quite a capability such that it can control the entire computer and for that reason there are many people that do not have use of their hands and need to rely on DNS for getting around the desktop.

If you are anxious to learn more about the capabilities of DNS, you should join the forum at http://www.KnowBrainer.com. KnowBrainer is one of the largest if not the largest distributors of this software. The forum members are quite helpful and there are sections on not only DNS, but KnowBrainer itself has an application that helps DNS do an even better job, and microphones, etc. Good luck with this. The more you use DNS the more functional you will become.

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
mcaton
I have actually spoken with a few users that DO use Dragon Naturally Speaking with TheBrain.  One tip they gave was to create detailed Accelerators in TheBrain (Options -> Preferences -> Accelerators Tab)  This way, you can assign specific key board shortcuts or keystrokes for certain tasks, such as creating New Thoughts, Navigation, Opening Attachments, etc.

Thank you,
Matt
mctrexler
I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting Dragon 14 to work with the latest TheBrain in a Windows 10 environment.    Anyone else having better success?  BTW, I tried accessing http://www.knowbrainer.com as suggested by bmac but the link isn't working.  Anyone know the correct link?

Thanks,

Mark
bmac
Mark – with our exchange of private messages I'm wondering if you have been more successful with DPI 14 and the brain.  Let me know.

Bill
Bill
mctrexler
Bill, I read the interesting threads at Knowbrainer about DNS 13 and 14 and non-compliant softwares.  I did find that when I turned of the "automatic text box" setting for non-compliant software I was able to successfully dictate into both TheBrain thoughts and notes, which is a big step forward.  Recognition is good enough these days that I can get by without needing to have editing capabilities in TheBrain.  

I have not yet implemented your insertion suggestion; any clue as to what it actually helps with?

Thanks!

Mark
mctrexler
Duplicate.  Ignore. 
bmac
The insertion in the nuser.ini file supposedly helps in non-compliant apps.  It was automatically inserted in my 13.5 DNS Pro version, so I just carried it forward to DPI 14.
Bill
mctrexler
Turns out it's already in there! 

Mark

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software