andredeen
The Dutch localization in the Brain is broken. Typing any diacritic, quote or tilde does not result in the output being suspended waiting the next input to create the complete character, e.g. é ê è etc. Instead The Brain will output a quote followed by the diacritic typed.
Even worse, with the brain suspended in autohide all programs running in windows will now exhibit the behavior making autohide mode practically unusable.

TB 7.0.3.3, W7, Java 1.7.0_03

jroeterd
andredeen wrote: The Dutch localization in the Brain is broken. Typing any diacritic, quote or tilde does not result in the output being suspended waiting the next input to create the complete character, e.g. é ê è etc. Instead The Brain will output a quote followed by the diacritic typed.
Even worse, with the brain suspended in autohide all programs running in windows will now exhibit the behavior making autohide mode practically unusable.

I tried this in the dutch version of the brain but the ' and then the e result in the é being typed in a new thought and the searchbox. Also it is not influencing other programs on my computer.

Jeroen 

mcaton
Thank you both for letting us know.  Is this something that was working fine for you in version 6?... or an earlier version of 7?

Thank you,
Matt
andredeen
It was fixed in version 6 around the time version 7 appeared roughly two months ago. It never worked correct in version 7.
jroeterd

I am using 7.0.3.4 on Win7 Ultimate using java 1.6.0.23

JeroenR

andredeen
Just installed 7.0.3.7, the release notes mentioning, "Updated German, Dutch and Spanish localizations" but alas the problem is still there. I get from the reaction of JeroenR he does not have this problem and the difference between our installations seem to be the java release he uses. Although I won't go back to 1.6.0.23 I tried 1.6.0.31 instead of 1.7.0.3 two weeks ago and found no difference.
andredeen
Just installed  7.0.3.8 and went back to java 1.6.0.32 (just to be sure) and still can't get my name, André, in without doing an ALT-numkeyboard. I am old enough to remember how to do that but it is a pain in the behind.

If you ever update you java engine, JeroenR, to the current version I would love  to know the result.
jroeterd

Hello André,

I upgraded to java version 1.7.0_04-b20 and restarted my pc. All is working well and I still am able to use ë and é without using the ALT key. When you manually change the language of the brain interface  to English, is it then working correctly?

Jeroen

andredeen
Thank you for showing me the way out of the problem. I went though upgrade after upgrade but the problem remained. I now uninstalled the brain and cleaned out all application data, did a completely fresh install and lo and behold it works fine now.
+1 for the usergroup.
jroeterd
Your welcome ... glad I could help

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software