Templay

I can add/edit link type while editing a specific link, but is there a way to display all existing link types and create links sub-types / parent-types like what is possible for thought types ?

Thanks !
Yannick
zenrain
No, you aren't missing anything, it's not possible right now.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
metta
@Templay ~

You may be pleased to know that "a more permanent display of tags/types similar to that in TB8" will eventually be coming.
🙂
Cerebrum
Any progress on making Link Types available as a list, rather than having to find and activate a link?
mcaton
Cerebrum,

They'll show up when you filter a report.  The default setting in your report will be set to Types/Tags. When you expand the Types list, it will be divided into all Thought Types and then all existing Link Types.  When you select a link type in the list, you'll filter your report to show all thoughts that have a connected link of that particular type.

Additionally, any time you are applying a link type from the link properties display, you'll see the list of already created types appearing.  No options for sub or super link types at this time.

Thanks,
Matt
Cerebrum
I'll clarify.
I'm looking for a way of listing all Link Types and being able to select, modify, add and delete from the list.
Similar to what's available with Types and Tags. (Actually, closer to how Types and Tags were viewable in TB8.)

Link Types exist regardless of the existence of any linked thoughts but there only two ways of viewing and editing a Link Type:
1. Activate a thought that has that Link Type and then activate the link. 
2. Activate a link in the Plex, go to Properties, click on the Type (by default, it is "Unlinked"), select a Type, and then edit it.

With #1, I first have to find the relevant thought but I can't use the Search function to find Link Types.  I have to use Reports, but that doesn't work if there's no thought with that Link Type. Also, the Report lists any thought that has that Link Type but the thought might have many other links so, after activating the thought, it might not be easy to identify the link with the relevant Link Type.

#2 is a lot of work, and it's not the way that Thought Types and Tags have to be selected for editing.

Seems to me that there should be an easier, simpler way of viewing and editing Link Types.
zenrain
Not currently possible. But a good idea, you should submit a feature request.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Cerebrum

Here's something that I've thought of doing but I won't because it is too much work: Linking geographical entities based on borders and using a "Borders" Link Type.

Borders are, in essence, links between entities such as countries, regions, states, provinces, counties or territories. In a brain, they could be linked by using a "Borders" Link Type. Ideally, I would connect all the relevant thoughts with a predefined default link type. Second best would be to use untyped links and then select all the relevant links (perhaps with Ctrl-click, or some other method) and change the Link Type to "Borders". 
I can imagine an even more sophisticated brain that combines current borders with historical borders, each represented by different Link Types.

metta
+1 for static window for editing link types (given the aforementioned limitation of using the report function)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software