pshanks

I use Embedded Browers within TheBrain? 12  votes

Yes 7 votes
58%
 No 5 votes
41%
Please create an account or log in to vote.
Just curious, do you use the Embedded Browers within TheBrain (Desktop)?

TheBrain (Beta 10.0.6.0) 9.1.16.0, iOS V9.1.2, TheBrain 8.0.2.2
Windows 10 (V1803), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.13.5
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

metta
Don't use the embedded browser in the desktop brain.

Would also strongly prefer not using it in the web client.
Cerebrum
I use it. 
It allows me to view a web page almost instantly without drawing my attention away from TheBrain. I can even create new thoughts and new links from the page that is being displayed in the embedded browser. Also, there's often a relevant image on the web page that is readily viewable so I don't have to add a separate image attachment to the thought.

I have quite a few links to Wikipedia articles and I usually have a link to the mobile version (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki) which displays a nicer version of the article in a small browser window. I've even changed Web Search to use the Wikipedia mobile address.

If I want to view a URL link in my browser (and there many reasons for doing this), I double-click on the link.
zenrain
Basically the same as Cerebrum. I use it a lot, primarily for viewing content, not interacting with it (like articles, blogs and informational, not web apps or ordering)
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
tomcal123
I use it a lot.  One very common use case for me is working with my CRM, Cloze.  All business contacts in The Brain have a link to their "page" in Cloze.  When I activate their thought in The Brain, the web page shows almost instantaneously.  I can use that to review their history and interact with them right inside The Brain.  I have removed all notes from their thought and put those notes in their Cloze record.  That way, the web page automatically shows in the notes section instead of any notes.  I would love the ability to have the attached web page take priority over the notes page.  But, for now, it works by just keeping the notes empty.
dlorde
I use it just to view a page of content. If I want to interact, I'll open it in the system default browser (usually Chrome). The built-in browser doesn't have the facilities I'm used to for interaction and session browsing.

It would be very cool if TB9 could embed a system default browser window...
ruudhein
Work brain, like tomcal123, I have tickets linked to thoughts. Instead of switching I can just go into the window, maybe max it.

Personal brain, less so. It's not really a web-leaning brain, although it has a lot of URLs in it. I use the embedded browser in that case to see if this is what I wanted or needed, often opening pages in my external browser.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | TheBrain v10.0.6.0

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software