Jasce
When I try to create a Brainzip I recieve the error "The brain cannot be zipped because the file root is not inside the brain folder"

I am not sure what this means.. This is the first time I have tried to BZ this brain and I have not moved any files for the instal or brain around, there are not any attachments in this brain either..
I have just started using PB4 (V4.1.2.7) on a Vista machine where previously i have used PB on XP.

Does anyone have any idea what this means and how to get around it?

Cheers,

Jason

Jason
mcaton
Jason,

This message should not be appearing unless something is wrong with the Brain setup.  Are your internal file attachments working properly?  When you click on the open thought folder command (small folder button on the Properties and Attachments tab) does the folder open inside one of the _brain\Files folders?

Thank you,
Matt
Jasce
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply!
I've opened the 'open thought' folder and it opens a folder (an empty one as I don't have any attachments in my 'brain' at current) with the following path:

\\server\Users\Jason.Galer\My Documents\Raycon_brai\Files\DFFB5A30-B6C0-85EE-75F0-9FA46164FB60

Could it be that the folder is held on a network drive? Given that I don't have any attachments, would it matter?

I also have a second path "\\server\Users\Jason.Galer\My Documents\Raycon_brain" which is where all my brain info is actually held.. I have no idea when the first path mentioned above was created..

Thanks,
Jason

Jason
mcaton
Yes, someting fishy here.  The first thing that jumps out at me is that your Brain folder name in this path is:

Raycon_brai

Missing an "n".  The folder SHOULD be named:

Raycon_brain

Here's something worth testing.  Open the Brain in question and click on FILE > RENAME BRAIN.  See if you end up with a properly named .brain file and _brain folder.

Thanks,
Matt
karlhjr
A 'quirk' that's probably related is the disaster if you try to rename a brain.  It renamed the .brain file, but couldn't rename the folder so it left it as is.  It creates a newname.brainzip, but then says that it can't be unzipped because the oldname_brain folder cannot be deleted.

Jasce
Hi Guys,

Thanks for replies.. now I don't want to be difficult but..

I have never tried to rename the brain (prior to the suggestion below to do so) so I don't think it has anything to do with renaming as such.. but I did try out the suggestion to rename it (raycon.brain -> raycon2.brain) and see if there was any difference.. alas, no.. same issue.. can't zip.
so in answer to Matt, I didn't end up with any strange folders but the problem continues.

I've also removed the truncated path folder (it didn't contain anything related to the brain anyways) and also I tried to make the output path local as well as trying to put it in the brain folder..

Karlhjr, I am a bit confused by your post, I can't create a brainzip rather than not being able to open one, how does this relate (sorry if I am being dense, I'm a bit under the weather today!)

Thanks,

Jason
karlhjr
Probably not as directly related as I first thought, although they'd both be a child thought of Brainzip Issues if we had a brain interface for the forums...
mcaton
Jason,

One option for you is to create a MANUAL zip file.  BrainZips basically include the .brain file and the _brain folder (minus the tmp and index folders) into a combined file.  If you can, manually zip up your brain and send it our way

support@thebrain.com or matt@thebrain.com

I'd like to see if we can duplicate the issue.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software