mbaas
On importing my brain, I get an error because an .ICO-File already exists. output-log has this:

Unfortunately, on importing my big brain, I get an error:
2015-12-21 05:47:46.6848 | ERROR | TheBrain.Sys.Logging.Logger | [25] [console only] : Die Datei "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TheBrain\OXht9v9TfUiI2EPQgPPwNQ\M\3f2ce5cc-8f6b-3d94-04e8-207c897a5473\.data\Icon.png" ist bereits vorhanden.
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
   bei #Kpu.#Jpu.#VS(#7S #7S, String #Hpu, SyncProgress #Ggj)

2015-12-21 05:47:46.6888 | ERROR | TheBrain.Sys.Logging.Logger | [27] [console only] : Exception context: 
   bei #Kpu.#Jpu.#VS(#7S #7S, String #Hpu, SyncProgress #Ggj)
   bei ##.#MEu(SyncProgress #Gpu, #Jpu #Ggj, String )
   bei TheBrain.Core.DataExchange.ImportExport.#IUv.#lZv()
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
   bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bei System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback() 

mcaton
Michael,

Thank you for reporting.  I notice that one other user reported the same problem on http://forums.thebrain.com/post/welcome-to-thebrain-9-first-look-preview-7840819.

They were able to locate the troublesome thought in version 8 and then re-import without any problems.

Quote:

From the error msg, I opened the .png and managed to find the corresponding thought.

That thought had three .png in it.
Two named explicitly and the third being "TheBrainIcon.png".

One was named "Copy of TheBrainIcon.png" and I remembered I had copied "TheBrainIcon.png" as a file within that thought (named "Copy of TheBrainIcon.png").

Although I don't see why this would be a problem (as they have different names (and two files can't actually have the same name in the same folder ...)) I decided to make distinct thoughts out of these two files.

From there on the import worked.

In the mean time, I'm trying to replicate this issue.  So any additional information you have would be welcome!

Thank you,
Matt
mbaas
Thanks Matt - good idea, but...I did not find a file "Icon.png" anywhere in the subfolders of the _brain-folder! (Couldn't believe it, so I actually tried two different Filesearch-Utils as well as good ol' "DIR /S" - but it really is not there!
advisors
mbaas wrote:
Thanks Matt - good idea, but...I did not find a file "Icon.png" anywhere in the subfolders of the _brain-folder! (Couldn't believe it, so I actually tried two different Filesearch-Utils as well as good ol' "DIR /S" - but it really is not there!

Michael,

I did not have a "Icon.png" in that folder (or elsewhere either).
But in the folder TheBrain reports it encountered an error, there was a .png.

Opening that .png allowed me to identify the thought containing it (that .png was about a MOOC on Plasma Physics I had followed at EPFL, so wasn't to hard for me to find the corresponding thought).

I then modified that thought (could/would have deleted it if modifying it would not have helped ...), and I was then able to import that brain.

Hope that helps.

Roger
mbaas
Thanks Roger, unfortunately that file was a rather generic icon and I have no clue to which thought it might be linked. The file, however, has a creation-date of 2010, it is not current - so I scanned all files from that date (incl. the day before and after) and did not find a corresponding image-file. 
mbaas
BTW, you wrote you "modified" the thought. So simply editing the notes helped? Or what did you do?

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software