tcahill
I am experiencing a re-occurring data loss when attempting to save webbrain notes or attachments. The unsaved notes and attachments do not save to the webbrain server.
This error is thrown while the "Saving..." is visible. Both the error dialog and the "Saving..." message remain until I click "OK".

MS Windows XP (home edition)
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
2.08GHz, 736MB Ram

Firefox 9.0.1 with Java SE 6 U22 6.0.220.4
#
#
#
Update
error reproduced while running Chrome 17.0.963.56 m

Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
edwardrios
I have been running into the same problem constantly. I have tried every browser I can think of—IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera—with the same result.
Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4
pthompson
Hello,

Thank you for posting. We have tested this on our end and have been unable to produce the same results. We have notice, however, that when too many changes occur at the same time on WebBrain, it can "confuse" the system and cause errors. This is something we are currently working on resolving. 

In the meantime, when you are working on WebBrain directly, it is a good idea to make sure any changes save completely before making another.

Regards,
edwardrios
I suspected something this like, so I have tried to wait a while before making a second change. The problem is that the application doesn't really give you feed back that it is still processing a request.

Some kind of activity indicator would be very helpful to avoid confusion.
Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4
edwardrios
It seems that this error message may also have to do with illegal characters. For instance, I get the [unknown] error message if I try to attach this link:
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Keyboard%20shortcuts?s=reload+cache&r=7&e=es&as=s

However, it works when I attach a shorter version:
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Keyboard%20shortcuts

Are there any guidelines on what characters are allowed?

Thanks,
–Ed

Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4
pthompson
Ed,

Thank you for the additional information. We will do some additional testing on our end and report back with anything we find. Thanks.

Regards,
edwardrios
FYI, ampersands "&" seem to be a no-no.
Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4
pthompson
Ed,

I have tested this on our end and it seems you are correct. Thank you for finding and reporting this. I will log this as a bug and send it over to our engineers for review.

Regards,
edwardrios
Is there a way to find out when this bug gets fixed?

The last WebBrain update in the Software Releases and Updates forum is from October 2011, even though the desktop clients have been updated many times since that time. I assume — or hope — that WebBrain has had updates during that time that haven't necessarily been communicated as release notes.
Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4
mcaton
Ed,

The fixes are often built into TheBrain application, rather than just on WebBrain alone.  But we'll make a note to follow up on this thread when this specific fix comes through.

Thank you,
Matt
edwardrios
I really hope this can be fixed soon, as I am running into this problem constantly. It's forcing me to search for non-breaking spaces   every time a paste HTML into the Notes field, which I do all the time!
Windows 7
Java 1.7.0_25
TheBrain 8.0.1.4

Add a Website Forum to your website.