mbaas
I have a problem with ESP: I love the idea! But unfortunately it doesn't always work. For example, I have a thought "Haus" and ESP always responds when I type that word. But I have another one called "REDIMENSION1" and that is never caught. (Just to see if uppercase was the problem, I added a "Redimension1", but that one is not caught, too.)  Is there a problem with the length, or do I need to set some special (secret) config-switch or...?
Harlan
ESP will only activate a thought that can be uniquely identified... that means if you have multiple thoughts that start with the same word, that word will never trigger an ESP activation.
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Harlan, the attached screenshot should document that REDIMENSION1 ist unique, so something seems to be wrong...

Click image for larger version - Name: tbredim.jpg, Views: 69, Size: 39.84 KB
Harlan
OK, I got it... The problem is that the 1 at the end of your thought name is interpreted as the end of your word. So ESP looks for "REDIMENSION" and does not find it.

This exclusion of numbers has been done for security reasons. PB does not monitor keyboard actions that include both numbers and letters since these may be passwords.

Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Hmm, could you perhaps make this a bit configureable? Maybe so that this monitoring could be forced 'always on' when defined EXEs (where the user would never have to enter paswd) are active? Or enable the user to select which chars to consider as "word boundaries" in ESP?
Harlan
Unfortunately, PB does not know which program you are running. We'll add a toggle for this sensitivity as a feature request.
Regards,
-Harlan
mbaas
Harlan wrote:
We'll add a toggle for this sensitivity as a feature request.
Good, thanks

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software