Harlan
ESP Sync automatically activates thoughts based on what you are doing in other applications. When you type or copy to the clipboard the name of a thought that is in your Brain, that thought will be activated automatically so that it's there waiting for you.

Activation is also automatic if you copy a URL that is attached in your Brain or if you copy a file that is attached in your Brain. This can be used to quickly find the thought about the page you are on. It can also be used to sync your Brain with where you are in Explorer/Finder. For example, if you use a third party search utility and one of the results is in your Brain, you don't have to search for it again in your Brain. Just copy it and ESP Sync activates the thought for you.

When a thought has been synced, the previous thought will be displayed in the background so that you can easily get back to it.

The screenshot shows what has been automatically synced in my Brain while typing this message (the thought ESP Sync). The previously active thought (Harlan) is shown in the background.

Regards,
-Harlan
Ray
Sounds like an interesting function but I could not get it ot work I had the PB open and tried to copy some text from Notepad, Word, IE and Firefox but nothing happened in PB. I selected some text and ent to Edit and Copy and i I also tried CTRL-C.

Is there something else I need to do?  Actually the copied thought did show up after a while but I am not sure what made it appear.  Later on as I was typing a a Word document the PB came to life and centered on thoughts that it was finding as I was tying but it was hit an miss. I selected some words that were found in PB only once but I was not able to get the ESP sync to respond.  Well after a few minutes one of my trigger words produced some results. I hav a dual core pentium with 2 GB of RAM.

Could we find out exactly what the ESP search works on?

Ray
Langley, BC
Harlan
Everyone, please let us know how your experience with ESP Sync is going. We're still tuning this feature and need your feedback to help make it reach its full potential. Thanks!

Here are more details as requested:

ESP Sync works on the last word or phrase that you typed.

The clipboard ESP Sync works on the starting word or phrase in the clipboard.

Whatever you type must match the starting word or words of a thought in your brain and must uniquely identify a thought. (If you have two thoughts starting with "project" as their names for example, typing this word will never activate ESP Sync, however if you have only one thought that starts with "project phoenix", this will activate the thought.

Regards,
-Harlan
Regards,
-Harlan
NickHowe
Just got a 'cannot empty clipboard' message in Excel.  PB4.0.3.4 was running in the background.  I was copying columns from one spreadsheet to another.  I've never had this error before.  Could be a coincidence that it happened after I loaded the new PB4, but as soon as I exited PB4 and tried again the problem went away.  Am disabling PB4 until the next version is out - unless there is a way to turn ESP off from the options?

FransJehoul
Hello,

• Case sensitivity:  The case have now to match for ESP Sync?
  • The color of the "previous" thought and the background color could be the same so you don't see the "previous" thought
Greetings,

Frans

Harlan wrote:
ESP Sync automatically activates thoughts based on what you are doing in other applications. When you type or copy to the clipboard the name of a thought that is in your Brain, that thought will be activated automatically so that it's there waiting for you.

Activation is also automatic if you copy a URL that is attached in your Brain or if you copy a file that is attached in your Brain. This can be used to quickly find the thought about the page you are on. It can also be used to sync your Brain with where you are in Explorer/Finder. For example, if you use a third party search utility and one of the results is in your Brain, you don't have to search for it again in your Brain. Just copy it and ESP Sync activates the thought for you.

When a thought has been synced, the previous thought will be displayed in the background so that you can easily get back to it.

The screenshot shows what has been automatically synced in my Brain while typing this message (the thought ESP Sync). The previously active thought (Harlan) is shown in the background.

Harlan

NickHowe wrote:
Am disabling PB4 until the next version is out - unless there is a way to turn ESP off from the options?

Just uncheck it from the options menu.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
FransJehoul wrote:
Hello,

• Case sensitivity:  The case have now to match for ESP Sync?
  • The color of the "previous" thought and the background color could be the same so you don't see the "previous" thought

• Case does not have to match, however you must uniquely identify a thought.
  • The color of the previous thought is a translucent version of your standard text color. PB4 checks the amount of contrast between your background color and the text color and if there is not enough will switch to either black or white, depending on if the background is light or dark.

Regards,
-Harlan
BHurd
I haven't had a chance to play with it alot yet, but gee whiz this is a cool feature. It may only come in perfectly handy once or twice but a definite A+ for ingenuity.
ShelleyHayduk

This feature is amazing. If you have a big Brain you will even appreciate it more. For instance you do a Internet search and when you hit enter, your Brain is already there!! Its tapped in to you.

Shelley
Harlan

Hello all, if you're having trouble getting the ESP Sync working, try utilizing capital letters. The 4.0.3.4 version ignore items that do not contain at least one capital letter.

Regards,
-Harlan
SKoehn
How hard would it be to have ESP search the clipboard for all words and phrases that exactly match thoughts in the brain and then display them all in the selection window?

Also, I noticed that even though one can copy sections from Notes in a thought to the clipboard, for some reason ESP appears to ignore them.
Harlan
ESP is not active while PersonalBrain is active. We are working on other related features that will take further advantage of this technology, but can't comment on it at this time.

Regards,
-Harlan
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
As you said, the string highlighted or copied to the clipboard must uniquely identify a thought.  But since Quicksearch doesn't have that limitation, could not ESP Synch also display a list of all thoughts beginning with the string?
Harlan
Hi Chris,

ESP Sync is meant to operate without user interaction. This is why this limitation was imposed.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software