HeinrichUnger
I bought the combo now 15 month ago. I thought there will be major updates, but in fact there is nothing. I love the brain, but this is not a good situation for People trusting in brain Evolution.

To much money for stagnancy.

There was a beta until jan with some good improvements - but no it disapeared.

Shall I look for an alternative product?
pthompson
Heinrich,

As Harlan wrote in another thread that is related to your concerns:

Quote:
TheBrain 8 will be made a public beta soon. When it is released, it will be free for all subscribers and for anyone who bought a license only within the 3 months prior to its release.

Additionally, I want to let everyone know that reason the forum traffic may have slowed down a bit is that we now have a live chat feature on http://www.thebrain.com. This has allowed us to provide a fast convenient channel for many people. If you haven't seen it, head over to the site and just click the guy in the corner. Someone is usually available during business hours Pacific Time.

Finally, yes, we do have many many things in the works due out soon - TheBrain 8 desktop, new improved cloud services, mobile applications, and more. These developments have been complex and intertwined, so we haven't been able to release things piece by piece as that would have slowed down development. Thanks for your patience and support.

Happy Braining.

elfman
Heinrich, it's good to know that version 8 will be coming soon. I'm about ready to pull the trigger and buy TheBrain. If I purchase v7 now, do is there a chance that I won't qualify for the free v8 upgrade?
ngreene
I've heard that a mobile version is coming "soon" for years now. It would be a huge productivity multiplier, but I've more or less given up on it. And before anyone from the Brain jumps into to say they're working on it or it will be here soon, if you can't offer a timeline, don't get our hopes up.
HeinrichUnger
Hm, mid April I posted the first time to this issue. But I think, it is awsome for people like me buying the Combo to get new Releases automatically. 15 month and no release. It think there ist at least no Argument anymore to buy a licence hopping to get new Releases.

A third year I will not buy a Combo licence with no updates anymore.
pthompson
There is a lot of excitement and a ton of great development here at TheBrain.  We are releasing new authoring features on the cloud every several weeks. Our official announcement happens tomorrow.

We also now have a TeamBrain server product that we just deployed for users who want to use TeamBrain services and sync their desktop Brains behind their corporate firewalls.

And TheBrain 8 will feature enhanced multi-threading, background processing of syncs, additional integration of online features, prebuilt knowledge models, custom tags and types as well as a custom icon library.  Also improvements to the user interface, menus and more. The public beta of this should be available in several weeks.

Regarding iOS, we are using it and loving it internally. Soon, we will be screening for iOS and iPad native app beta testers. To qualify you must have TheBrain Pro and Cloud services combo and commit to using and testing since Apple only allows us a limited number of beta testers. Let me know if you are interested and can make a firm commitment to testing and providing detailed constructive feedback.  Note, due to Apple’s iOS pre-release restrictions not everyone will make the list but I will do my best to select the first group of people who apply and meet the criteria.

I’m psyched! I talk to Harlan, Shelley and all our developers every day and I can tell you, there is a lot of great energy here at TheBrain and we are all very passionate about taking the software to the next level. We hope you are excited and continue to support us too!a
systemswiki
Patrick, I'll believe it when I see it!
HeinrichUnger
Nice announcement. But serveral weeks? The public beta ist now pronounced for more than two month?

Heinrich
zenrain
Great news, thanks for the update Patrick!
macOS 10.14.3
TheBrain 10.0.42
pthompson
HeinrichUnger wrote:
Nice announcement. But serveral weeks? The public beta ist now pronounced for more than two month?

Heinrich

What is available now is not Public beta. It is Private and only a few have access to it. Public Beta means anyone can download it; No restrictions.
glientsc
Thank you for these nice news, Patrick!
Excellent news Patrick. Is the Android App nearing a beta test or do you have any idea of when it will follow on?
pthompson
The Android app will be following behind the iOS apps, but it is on its way as well.
katelynmgr
I have just read the news and am happy to know about that news. Looking forward for Android app news.
HeinrichUnger
And now a month has gone away. And no android Version, no public beta, no Evolution any more I assume.

sorry it is really sad, to see that nothing is Happening as a user of thebrain.

Regards

pthompson wrote:
HeinrichUnger wrote:

Heinrich

What is available now is not Public beta. It is Private and only a few have access to it. Public Beta means anyone can download it; No restrictions.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software