andycpp

I have huge (~30.000 rows) database, every row describes relations between several entities (columns). I want to convert it to PersonalBrain. How can I do it?

agnor
Short of writing code to read through your file and generate XML, I don't think it's possible.
andycpp

How can I import XML into PersonalBrain?

agnor
Running a search on the forums should turn up some posts on it.

Basically, if you have properly-formed xml (according to the Brain) copied to the clipboard, you can select "Edit" => "Paste" and the Brain will create the thoughts represented by the xml.

But the trick will be reading through your document and generating all the xml that PB needs to do it..  A simple export of a document to a "standard"  xml format won't be enough.

cmill
Has anyone actually tried the import of Excel into Brain?  I'm a novice XML user so I would appreciate any additional help.  I am considering buying the latest version of Brain but I need to know that I can do this function.  I have Microsoft Excel 2007 and import XML data from EndNote in whatever scheme Excel picks. 

This would sure be a useful function in the Brain!

agnor
The problem, I think, is that the xml needs to be so specific for the brain to import it, but can vary in so many different ways based on the data, that it would take either the developers a very long time to support or a user who can do some level of programming/scripting to generate XML specific to their needs.
cmill
I can see your point.  Would the development of a Brain XML template which the user would populate with specific fields solve the problem?  That is, instead of the user extracting XML data from their personal files and expecting Brain to do the mapping (or a SW developer), the user would cut and paste into a Brain XML template that would be imported into the Brain program? 
zenrain
Unless I'm missing something, the .xml template is available at http://www.thebrain.com/dtd/BrainData1.dtd as referenced in the file.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software