FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

I installed the latest PB 5.5 en tested it with the included brain.

In expanded mode and as active thought: "Flow one" and with the mouse scroll made the plex wider like in the included image, the plex doesn't stop reshuffling the thoughts.

Perhaps i have to return to PB 5.0?

Regards,

Frans

Darkstar
I see this behavior occasionally in Expanded View. The easy way to stop it is to mouse wheel the plex--- this will change the spacing between thoughts, and they will usually stabilize into a static pattern.

This behavior also occurs in version 5.0 expanded views, so going back to it won't stop it. In fact, it is fairly easy to get an expanded view where a portion of the displayed thoughts "circle" or "wave back and forth like a flag". I've seen that sort of behavior less in 5.5.
-Darkstar
zenrain
Ditto to Darkstar's comment. I still see it happen occasionally in 5.5, but a heck of a lot less than prior versions.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
FransJehoul
Good morning,

The example i give didn't shuffle at all in 5.0
In my brain it happens in 5.5 a lot what almost never happened in 5.0

When i shrink my brain (also in the example) it becomes less readable, that's why i resize it.

Regards,

Frans
FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

The way the plex organizes in expanded mode is not good (for me) anymore.
When i make the distance between thoughts greater, then the plex reshuffle the thoughts contiously and stops organizing the thoughts and when i schrink the plex it it stops reshuffling but my thoughts aren't organized. In 5.0 i getted my thoughts always organized.
Please return to the way 5.0 worked in expanded mode.

Regards,

Frans
Moe
FransJehoul, Thanks for the post and the Brainzip. I was able to replicate this issue and have noted it for the developers to look into and correct.

Thanks,
Moe

dyslucksia
If I can put in my 2 cents worth, this seems a good argument for being able to open Expanded View with all Thoughts anchored, no slithering, shuffling, nada - and let us drag them to the positions we want and have them stay there.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
FransJehoul
dyslucksia,

I don't agree with you.
In 5.0 i almost never anchored a thought because the plex organized my thoughts very well. I have a workflow with about 80 flow thoughts and a bunch of related thoughts for each flow thought and every time they became well ordered.

Regards
dyslucksia
Thanks Frans for responding. I only meant anchoring all Thoughts upon opening Expanded View to be an option, not a non-negotiable alteration to the existing design. I could never feel happy in Expanded View in 5.0, whereas in 5.5 the development team's work seems to have made it more stable, though the way it chooses to arrange Thoughts when left to its own devices is still less than ideal for me. That's why the option to keep them all anchored will help by excluding the layout algorithm as much as possible.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
FransJehoul
Good morning,

Thanks Moe!

I hope it will be changed.

Regards,

Frans
FransJehoul
Good morning,

I go back to PB 5.0
I can not work with the algoritm used in PB 5.5 expandable view.

Regards,

Frans
FransJehoul
Good afternoon,

Overlapping of thoughts didn't happen in PB 5.0
The included attachment shows this happens in PB 5.5

You can see an example of PB5.0 in http://forums.thebrain.com/post/show_single_post?pid=21040531&postcount=3

Regards,

Frans

Darkstar
Yeah, I also have been having a lot of aggravation with the overlapping of  thoughts (parents in particular). Single link thoughts like to occupy the same space as other thoughts, and often steals any mouse activity, so that an activate click of one thought activates another thought or anchors that "crowding" thought. Very aggravating.

My response to this in 5.5.x has to be start using saved views or swapping over to normal view. I continue to look forward to this behavior getting tweaked.
-Darkstar
FransJehoul

Good morning,

An other problem with expanded views i have with PB5.5 thad didn't exist in PB5.0

The spacing between child thoughts columns in PB5.0 was small but good (>90% of the thoughts were on screen). In PB5.5 the spacing is wide so 30% of the thoughts are on screen). In options/Preference there are no settings for expanded views?

Regards,

Frans

Addition: I uploaded the same image in PB 5.0.2.6

FransJehoul
Good evening,

A -5  for expanded view improvements.
A +10 for the rest

Regards,

Frans

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software