twospoons
Can someone please explain how the (+) and (-) are supposed to work in the Expanded View?  Why does the (-) only show up sometimes and not others?  Why does the (-) sometimes cause the linked thoughts to disappear and sometimes it causes the thought you click on to disappear?

Thanks,
Wes
Wes
Harlan
The first time the (+) is clicked, it displays the directly connected thoughts. The second click displays thought connected to the directly connected thoughts.

The (-) only appears if a thought is collapsable. A thought is not collapsable if it is connected to the active thought or if it is a bridge between groups of thoughts. The first time (-) is clicked, any related thoughts that are not linked to anything else will be hidden. The second time it is clicked, the thought itself will be hidden.
Regards,
-Harlan
twospoons

hmmm... It would really be nice to have the ability to remove any thought from the plex at any time in the Expanded View.  This would especially be beneficial for creating a layout to print.  I guess I just have to click some other distant thought to make it active so that I can (-) collapse a thought?

Wes
Harlan
At this time, that is correct. We will look into adding the ability to collapse thoughts directly connected to the active thought.
Regards,
-Harlan
twospoons

I still don't think it works quite how it should.  In the first image below the Logical Model thought has both the (+) and (-) available even though the Parent thought is active.  In the second image neither the (+) or (-) are displayed.  Why would there be a difference in these two child thoughts?

Image 1:

Image 2:

Wes
Harlan
We have done a lot of fine tuning of the expanded view in the latest release, 4.0.4.9. Check it out. http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1889474

The (+) button does not show if the thought and its surrounding thoughts have already been expanded.

The (-) button is now always shown unless there are no other thoughts visible.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software