kbunders
Will the Expanded View (incl. Last / New expanded) as known in version 8 return in v9?
TheBrain 8.0.2.0a Pro Edition | Java 1.8.0 build 111 | Windows 10
Beta testing TheBrain 9
pthompson
Perhaps not in its initial release, but yes, Expanded View is scheduled to make a comeback at some point.
cneiman
When will Expanded View be restored in Version 9? I just paid for the new release without realizing it doesn't include that crucial feature, which I use constantly. I can't use the Brain without it.
Harlan
Hi Catrina,

Thank-you for you support.

Sorry to hear that you are sorely missing the expanded view. We can't predict when we will be able to recreate similar functionality in version 9, but we do plan to do so. There are many other features that are also competing for our attention however and it's not yet near the top of the list. I understand that you may be disappointed to hear this but I don't want to give you false hope. If you feel you are unable to use version 9 for this reason, just give us a call or email and we will issue you a refund on Monday.
Regards,
-Harlan
tcahill
I started to chime in here with "Yeah Harlan! I can't get my morning coffee started without Expanded View". Unusually for me though, I thought twice, and instead opened versions 8 and 9 of the same brain to the same thought. The version 8 brain was open to expanded view, and the version 9 brain was open to mind-map. Was I then struck with how clearly superior the expanded view I cherish was as compared to the new mind map?

Nope. Instead, I was reminded of the constant twirling of expanded view thoughts jostling amongst themselves for position while my CPU fan wheezed with the effort; my mind, certain that a vision of clarity and order was in there, began a sympathetic twirling of notions. I recognized the situation: time sink. 

On the other hand, the mind map literally snapped into form. I clicked "+" a couple of times. "Hm", I thought, "look at those relationships."
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software