Cornan
In response to some dialog in another thread I thought I should check out the current state of mouse wheel spacing / zooming in Expanded View in 6.0 beta.

I'm sorry to say this feature is broken again.

With regard to my specific systems:

1) Windows XP / 6.0.4.2 with a Microsoft mouse - zooms in one direction only (more space between thoughts).  This is a previously reported problem, apparently caused by PB developers not responding to changes in the Intellimouse API (related to something with a name like "high precision" mode).

2) Windows 7 Ultimate / PB 6.0.4.2 with a Logitech MX1000 laser mouse - doesn't work at all.

I use Expanded View regularly and don't always need to adjust the spacing between thoughts, but this is an important feature.

Other users have requested a corresponding text command to supplement the mouse wheel resizing, but at least one method needs to be reliably available

rhodes

Although I'm still using 5.5.2.4, I'd like to support Cornan's request that developers take another look at this issue.

I notice that when I switch from Normal to Expanded View, most of the active thought's parents/children/jumps are clustered very closely to it, but one or two are considerably further away. There are three issues:

1) Mouse wheel resizing has no effect on the main cluster, as Cornan says.

2) Mouse wheel resizing works only on the thoughts that are already distant and pushes them offscreen.

3) Close clustering hides some children behind others, making them impossible to find and originally led me to think that some child thoughts got left behind when I switched from Normal to Expanded View. This is the fault of the algorithm which, it seems, still cannot prevent thought hiding from happening. I guess that spacing everything apart a bit using the mouse wheel would have helped me find the missing thought, but for reason (1) this can't be applied, and as a result I have to drag each thought out manually in order to find the missing ones. This is unacceptable.

I seem to recall that this was a big problem in v5.0, but I thought the layout algorithm had been fixed.

PS I'm running on Windows XP with a Logitech M400 laser mouse using Logitech SetPoint Control Center software v4.60.122.

Alan Rhodes
HanBav
have no problem with Logitech Performance MX:
spacing & resizing in both directions work in EV

hiding thoughts right after switching to EV: I'm not shure, but I think that this starting layout calculates spacing with minimum size of letters. Since normally nobody is working in minimum size the overlay occurs.

... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software