joecoffey
How do we get data out of the brain 9?

Beyond the typical export, it would be good to be able to export a selection to notes, chained with the formatting of headings reflecting the hierarchy.

So in a child a h1 would go to h2, and in child child it would go to h3 etc...
Moltaire
+1
pthompson
joecoffey,

More export options are being worked on and are planned. Right now, you can export to a text outline with or without notes as you could in TheBrain 8 and/or open Notes in a web version that can be printed or copied in HTML format.
amurray
Hi Patrick,

I'm loving theBrain 9 beta, but just wanted to request that you make an HTML site brain export option available as part of TheBrain 9 final release...

Thanks!
Art Murray
Art Murray
Applied Knowledge Sciences, Inc.
pthompson
Art,

That is most likely not going to happen. The SiteBrain export is being phased out in favor of the iFrame web embed, but I will make sure it is written up.
joecoffey
So in order of increasing complexity:
1) It would be good for inline images to be included in the export of an outline.   Without this feature, the inline images are not nearly as useful.
2) It would be good if we could retain the heading structure.
3) It would be good to retain whatever other formatting markup is in the note. So you can imainge exporting back into the note format itself.
4) It would be good if this could also go to a word doc.  Probably copy and paste could mostly deal with this.

Basically the new notes are more powerful, but their power is not exportable.

For myself I have 0 interest in showing anyone else my brain in its internal format.  I do however want to be able to author in the brains and export my thoughts to a format the reader is used to.
dapinard
pthompson wrote: Art,

That is most likely not going to happen. The SiteBrain export is being phased out in favor of the iFrame web embed, but I will make sure it is written up.

Dumb question.  Is it safe to assume that the iFrame web embed method requires a brain share via the cloud?  If that’s the case, I would also vote for a V9 SiteBrain export (or similar functionality via a private TeamBrain server) as I'm not allowed to share work content to the cloud.

Thanks!
mcaton
Dave,

Thanks for posting. No word yet on how our new Cloud Brains will be embedded into sites (iFrame or otherwise) - but they would need to be online at least.  Export requests (similar to SiteBrain) have been documented.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
+1 for HTML export option

This would provide many more options for improving and enhancing SEO.
vmilhoan
Is an export of a though and children along with files being planned? I transition a lot of projects at work and would be great if I could a snapshot of all notes and files exported.
Brigitte
Hi Victoria,

You can currently export your Thoughts and Notes to a text file. We do hope to have additional export features available in future versions of TheBrain. For now, we offer the option to export to JSON.  Here are the basic instructions you would need to know:

To Create:

1) Choose File > Backup to Brain Archive...

To Access JSON:

1) Rename the resulting .brz file to .zip and extract it.

2) The resulting folder contains JSON files as well as the notes and internal attachments from the source brain.

Best regards,
Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies

Leijendeckers
I am missing the "Export to HTML" as well. I would LOVE to have it back. Thank you!
shatcher
Leijendeckers,

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on multiple export options for TheBrain 9, and I will make sure that the rest of the team knows that our users want HTML export to be one of them.

Cheers, Sean

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software