joecoffey Show full post »
westbroek
+1 for HTML export, preferably in a somewhat usable format. I understand sitebrain isn't coming back but just a dump of HTML files would be kind of useless
gustavb
Like the others, I'd really have liked to have export options, especially the PDF one.
Thanks you, G.B
lerone
+1 for a way to publish a brain (html) via server of own free choice/control
ratthing
I'm hoping that there will be a way to do a mass move of attachments that are stored internal to a Brain, moving them from inside of a brain to an external directory on the same computer, and updating the Brain database appropriately.
rengel
Are there any updates on exporting a brain? I don't see any export options in the File menu or in a Brain's context menu on the start page?

Quote:
joecoffey,

More export options are being worked on and are planned. Right now, you can export to a text outline with or without notes as you could in TheBrain 8 and/or open Notes in a web version that can be printed or copied in HTML format.
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10
mcaton
Reinhard,

Thanks for posting. Yes, you can now export your Brain database to JSON. 

To Create:

1) Open the desired Brain and click on File > Backup to Brain Archive...

To Access JSON:

1) Rename the resulting .brz file to .zip and extract it.

2) The resulting folder contains JSON files as well as the notes and internal attachments from the source Brain.

Thank you,
Matt

rengel
Thanks for your explanation!

Doesn't this deserve a mention directly on the dialog 'Backup to Brain Archive'?
Or even better a change of the menu entry?
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10
metta
FWIW, I also added a link to these instructions to the growing list of suggested items to eventually include in TB9 User Guide (scroll down).
mcaton
Since it's only for the more advanced users, it may not get highlighted in the Brain Archive dialog, but we will be promoting this option further in the future.  It was recently included at the end of our Import/Export tutorial: 

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Thanks for sharing the video link, Matt. Much appreciated.
frborsch
I also would highly appreciate the HTML export because iFrames often cause issues not being displayed due to client settungs.
Russell
Matt,

Thank you for sharing the video.

Is there schema documentation on how I could create BRZ files directly, following your JSON format?

Presumably, if done properly, I could round-trip data to and from TheBrain in this way, without data loss?  (I have some software I'm writing that would greatly benefit by using TheBrain as a data editor, provided I can get the data back out of it, update it in my software, and repeat the process - maybe endlessly.)

Thanks,

Russell
mcaton
Russell,

Thank you for your interest, we have no official documentation on reverse engineering JSON into a .BRZ - but I'll submit a request.

Thank you,
Matt
KMadivsor
I use Brain 9 to create taxonomies and need to export to txt or csv - how does one do this - it seems a very fundamental ask.
Kind regards,

John
Harlan
Hi John. The easiest way is to create a selection then copy the selection as a text outline. 

https://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials#selecting-multiple-thoughts
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software