kevindoylejones
I want to put my brain online. when i export, it just opens up a browser linking to a file on my laptop. not sure what i need to do. activity window lists the brain and it says there was an error but i can't figure out what im doing wrong.
wandering around, figuring things out, making things happen
Harlan
Hi Kevin,

If you go to the Exported Brains location, you will see a folder that contains the file opened by your browser. You need to copy that folder onto a Web server. Then, you can access that same file from any browser, not just the one on your local computer. Let us know if you need more help.

Regards,
-Harlan
kevindoylejones
Harlan wrote:
Hi Kevin,

If you go to the Exported Brains location, you will see a folder that contains the file opened by your browser. You need to copy that folder onto a Web server. Then, you can access that same file from any browser, not just the one on your local computer. Let us know if you need more help.

that would be great if i had easy access to a web server... i have some site but not admin access nor any clear idea of how to do what you suggest. can i buy this from you or somebody to make this easier than this? im not a diy guy with this.
wandering around, figuring things out, making things happen
Harlan
Sorry, we don't offer a hosting service at this time. This is something we'd like to implement in the future so that it could be a point and click affair...

Until then, there are many web hosting services that are pretty inexpensive. In my experience I would recommend staying away from the "free" ones since they embed advertising in your pages which may break your SiteBrain.

CNET has a list of Web Hosting Services here: http://reviews.cnet.com/Basic_hosting/7026-6541_7-0.html?tag=ft

Any web hosting service will do - exported HTML Brains do not require any special services. The key criteria to look at are available space (make sure that your getting enough space to fit the site of your exported brain - right click the folder and select properties to see how much space you'll need) and available bandwidth. The available bandwidth usually says how fast your content will be served as well as how much of it can be served per month without incurring additional charges. Unless you're putting up something that a lot of people will be accessing, you probably don't need to worry about this.

Anyone else have some tips to offer?

Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
An important factor in choosing a webhost is support.  My own research indicated that good 24/7 support was offered by Hostgator, and that has proven to be the case.  Any problems and I'm talking with them on Skype.  No bandwidth problem, 100gb of space, lots of easy addins, 7 or 8 dollars a month.I'm using it for my sitebrain, as well as backup of everything important.  I recommend it, but of course you should do your own comparison shopping.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software