korm
Please consider a command to export the selected thoughts from the selection panel as "Export selected thoughts as OPML" and "Export selected thoughts and notes as OPML".   If the thoughts have URL attributes, then those should also be exported into the OPML as URLs.
zenrain
+1, this would be handy.

For notes I don't see anything on the OPML specifications page, but OmniOutliner implements them as :

Code:

<outline text="Test"  _note="Note for test"/>

I don't know how Jump thoughts should be exported. Treated as a standalone item, or added as a Child, or something different?
Also, if a child thought has multiple parents that are included, duplicate that child thought under both parents? I would think that would be the only way to handle it.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
korm
Quote:
I don't know how Jump thoughts should be exported. Treated as a standalone item, or added as a Child, or something different?
Also, if a child thought has multiple parents that are included, duplicate that child thought under both parents? I would think that would be the only way to handle it.

Actually, what I wrote, above, was that I was looking for was incorporating URLs (i.e., URL "attachments").   I don't care jump thoughts or links to theBrain or about OPML having links between nodes.
mcaton
Thanks all,

We have the request for future export capabilities (OPML) documented.

Thanks,
Matt
zenrain
Quote:
Actually, what I wrote, above, was that I was looking for was incorporating URLs (i.e., URL "attachments").   I don't care jump thoughts or links to theBrain or about OPML having links between nodes.

That's fair Korm. 

I think I fall in the camp for multiple parents having duplicate child thoughts, and jump thoughts being treated as outside the parent child relationship of the linked thought in the outline. It would be nice if there was some way of showing a relationship, but I can't think of a way to do this without it getting rather messy. I wouldn't complain if the devs come up with something though. [biggrin]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
zenrain
Thanks Matt!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
a_d
Just wanted to add my +1 to this feature!

By that, we would be enabled to visualize our important data in other tools, which would enhance the possibilities very much!
TheBrain 8.0.1.3 Win7 x64 J-1.7.0_45

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software