wadesmart

Im on Ubuntu 13.10, Free Brain version 8.0.0.3, J-1.7.0_51.

I rarely reboot my system and I leave Brain on most of the time to add constant notes. If it sits over night by the middle of the next day its slowed to a crawl and takes upwards of 5 min to change between thoughts. Im running 12GB of ram with more than 50% free on a multi-core system. Even if I turn off all other software on my system over night, by mid morning the next day, it will be so slow and finally freezes. The only way to exit out is to open Resource Manager and kill java.

jostber
Can you try File-Utilities-Rebuild Search Index and check if that helps? If not, try to reinstall Java first and then TB?
TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

wadesmart
I have done the rebuild.
Im on a new system so this is all pretty fresh.
Its not helped. I dont even have that much in my 'brain'.
wadesmart
Ive had it running four days as of 1700 cst. 
Ive not used it that much in the past four days because
Ive been watching the Olympics. Right now, its not that 
slow or unresponsive. Ill try to use it over the next few
days to see if 'using it' causing the slow down.
enkidu
Hello

have you tried this :

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/64bit-brain-software-recommendation-6765473?goto=lastpost

JMC_04.png 

you should be able to monitor your brain down to a hair.
also, your JVM's oldish.

cheers
enkidu
wadesmart
7.51 is the latest version out. 
enkidu
yes sorry I'd too quickly picked up the 

Java 1.7.0_25

in jostber's signature !!!

apologies
enkidu

wadesmart
Im trying to use it a lot more today and then let it sit over night and see how it does. 
Just when I want it to freeze up - it wont haha.
wadesmart
Im trying to use it a lot more today and then let it sit over night and see how it does. 
Just when I want it to freeze up - it wont haha.
enkidu
shaman-computer.jpg 

tried this ?

;-)
enkidu

wadesmart
Sometimes its how I feel [biggrin]
pthompson
Hello all,

It's always important to make sure you are using the latest, officially supported, version of Java. If you are still having issues after updating, please send an email to support@thebrain.com letting us know.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
enkidu
Hello wadesmart

you got me curious. Brain is frozen or "melted" ?

cheers
enkidu
wadesmart
I am using the latest version of java for ubuntu and it was only serious freeze, not melt down.

wadesmart

After using it for several more months, trying different java packs, its not as slow but its def using a lot of memory. 

I have a new system: quad core, 32gb ram, etc... and I installed it just to use there. That is the only app I use. Over a four day time it can use upwards of 1gb of ram itself. On my normal system its using about 500 to 700mb of ram. 

Just ongoing notes.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software