bmac
I wanted to setup a search for any notes that contain the word 'Task' so I created a search with only notes selected and inserted the word task in 'at least one of the words'. One of my thoughts contained the word "Task" but unfortunately search could not find this particular thought. Is something broken? (Also instant search would not find this thought either)

Note:  I have recommended in the forum that TB9 contain a special report that would find any thought containing a unchecked (or checked) checkbox.  I think that would be quite useful and provide TB9 credibility as a task manager.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
mcaton
Bill,

Thanks for posting.  First, the instant search results are only looking at Thought names - so a match in your Notes would never show up in the instant search results. Also, no known issues when searching in your notes through the normal and/or advanced search options.  How was the content created?  If you've extracted this Brain from a .brainzip or the note was created via some type of import, you may need to re-index your Brain.  To do this, click on FILE > UTILITIES and select REBUILD SEARCH INDEX. Try searching in your Notes again and let us know how it goes.  Also, notice there are other options in the Utilities area for rebuilding your Instant Search and URL (web attachment) reindexing that you can run as well.

Thanks,
Matt
bmac
Thanks Matt.

Now, this morning, I find it working - in finding the word 'task' in the notes area.  Strange. But I notice that the search does not pick up a thought type labelled 'Task'.  Is this normal?

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Windows 10, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB ram, i7
mcaton
Thought types and labels on types should be indexed and searchable as well.  You can retype a new label for that specific Thought Type and it will be re-indexed, or again, try running the re-indexing utility.

Also, label search results only show up in the full search, not in the instant search results

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software