hollick
When working with notes, I'm unable to use the "Print" or "Open in Browser" functions - I get an error dialog that states "Failed to create temporary file needed for this function".  Any ideas?  I'm running on Vista 64 with JRE 1.6.  Thanks!

Harlan

Please post your output.log file from the PB program folder so that we can see what is going wrong. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
hollick
Here is the relevant entry in the file:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\PersonalBrain\temp\Temp1.html (Access is denied)

Based on that, I was able to get it working by opening up the permissions on the temp directory.  Note that the output.log file wasn't being updated at first, though - I found an old version in the Vista virtual store, but it wasn't being used.  I wound up running PersonalBrain as administrator to create a new output.log file directly in the program files directory, then reset permissions on it so I could get a log while running normally.

I think there are still some strange behaviors in Vista when it comes to the automatic redirecting of file i/o to the virtual store... as I understand it, in this case it should have been making a new temp directory in there rather than failing.  Maybe I screwed things up by printing once as administrator or something like that....

Anyway, thanks for the output.log tip, it looks like I am in good shape now that I reset permissions on temp.

Harlan

Interesting. Thanks for the notes on what you did to get it working.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software