Spacenexus

Hi

I have a feature request that is particularly relavent to the transition from PB3 to PB4. I have many image files within the brain, some i'd like to view as individual thoughts, but many are archive images that would be better placed in a single thought folder as attachements to that thought.

Can we have an additional crawl function where the attachments of selected thoughts are copied as attachements within the current active thought. The remaining original thoughts can be then be deleted with the existing crawl function as a separate action or not as required.

Thanks

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
dreynolds
Thanks for the input. We will add this to our possible feature list.

DavidR.

Spacenexus
David

Thanks for the feedback. This particular item is actually more of a time sensitive issue.

I'd like to suggest that this request be bumped up the list and completed for an upcoming release if possible. All of the existing PB3 users no doubt have groups of thoughts containing attachments that would ideally be better placed in a single thought using the new PB4 multiple attachments capability. I for one am impatient to utilise PB4 to its maximum and converting maybe hundreds of thoughts to a few dozen with multiple attachments would be unnecessarily time consuming if a crawl function can be created.

As time goes on this function would have less relavence, and probably none to new PB users starting with PB4. This is one with a real time value.

Please check with the team and see if this is possible to complete for the next release. Seems a shame to have the crawl function and not to make such effective use of it.

Hoping i'm not coming across as a pushy twit!  Either way let me know if it's a possibility or other priorities rule it out.

cheers

Jim

@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
Hi

Irrespective of the above request, a simple 'Move Selection into Brain' crawl function would also be useful.

cheers

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
Hello

A low priority one for the suggestion box:

A 'drag and select' function, much like classic windows behaviour for selecting thoughts into the selection box (perhaps accessed through crtl+leftdrag, or something like that). Useful compliment to the crawl function for more irregular visual selections which will be especially handy with the expanded view.

cheers

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Harlan

Yup... more selection power will be coming in a future version.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software