Quorcork
Hello!
As of now PB4 can export a brain which works nicely on my Mac. However it would be very nice if i could export only a selection of thoughts. An application example would be if i have thoughts about a specific project in my brain that i want to provide as a sitebrain to colleagues.
Basic functionalities (selection, export) are there, if these could be combined to a new "selection export" it would be very nice.
Best regards
Silvan Kaiser
Harlan

Thanks for your feedback. Agreed. We have a lot of things that we would like to be able to do with selections - exporting them, importing them into other brains, saving them, changing their thought type... These features and more are planned for the future beyond the beta. (Think 4.X,)

Regards,
-Harlan
storageman
I just purchased the pro version and quickly built a "complex: brain. I desire to export a selected thought and it's children in less than a day after building.
This post last date was 2007 and it is now 2 years later.

Does not seem possible so here is a related "question"
If I have a brain with 10 thoughts and each of the 10 has 10 children and each of the children has 10 each, it quickly becomes a VERY large brain.
Is it possible to "link" 10 individual brains (the original 10 children) to a single master?
This way I could export any (individually) of the 10 children...
Normally there is always a work around so that is why I am posting this to the BORG!

At the current rate of technology change...
Even the future is obsolete
Do You KNOW what you Need to Know?
jostber
It is not possible to link brains together now, but this is a feature request:

http://thebrain.uservoice.com/pages/4597-personalbrain/suggestions/70766-linking-brains
http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3502770&trail=15#10

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

mbaas
storageman, why do you think this is not possible? All Export-Dialogs have a checkbox "Selection only"...

Besides, if you want to export the thought in order to use it in another brain, you can always use the clipboard: just copy the selection through the context-menu of the selection-box.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software