wordmuse
I would love to be able to set a thought as a "Temporary Home," and then be able to simply remove that designation and have TB9 resume having my original home thought become Home again. I don't want to remove the ability to change the actual home thought. But I would like to see the ability to temporarily change home.

- Bal
mcaton
Bal,

Thank you for the suggestion.  What would be the downside to simply reassigning the Home thought for some period of time and then reassigning it back to the original at some point in the future? You could even set a 'reassign Home Thought' reminder on one of the 2 thoughts if needed.

Matt
pthompson
I've always thought of Pins as "temporary home Thoughts". Thoughts that I want to be able to get to quickly and notice for certain periods of time are assigned to my Pinned Thoughts.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
wordmuse
What I am suggesting is similar to the "Hoist" feature found in many outliner programs. The value of it is that I would not have to remember what the permanent home is. I would just undo the temporary home and, voila, Home is where it always was.

The pins are similar. But Home can be assigned a key, and it is always that key. Pins depend on their position on the Pin frame. I have Home set to Ctrl+Alt+H.  If I had a temporary home, that Ctrl+Alt+H would take me to that thought until I undid the temporary home.  The difference is small, perhaps, but I would find it very useful.

If I'm the only one, then there are obviously bigger fish to fry. 

- Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software